Menu

Wii games....

A few months ago the kids pooled their money and we got a wii. So far, we have these games:

Zumba 1 & 2

Wii Play Motion

Cooking Mama

Sports Resort

Madagascar Escape 2 Africa

Monsters Vs. Aliens

Super Mario Bros (came with our wii)

Carnival Games

Wipeout

Guilty Party

Wow...I didn't even realize we have this many games! We just got the last 3 on that list yesterday and the girls are loving Guilty Party (haven't even tried the other 2 yet).

I will be ordering from Amazon all three Just Dance wii games (youngest dd and I have been doing some on youtube and love them) and possibly a Nyko charging station. Before I place the order I was wondering if there's anything else really good I should order too?

I'm looking at games that are not the $40 games and ones that don't require a mat, a steering wheel, or anything extra right now (some day I'd like to get Kirby's Epic Yarn and Wii Party, but they don't have them from Amazon with free shipping right now). My oldest dd really would like to get the Malgrave Incident (a bit pricey, but I might go for it) and I also want to get Ultimate I Spy. Are there any other games that are mystery/spy/detective (both my girls love that kind of thing. In fact, my youngest is a spy....shhhh :001_smile: ). I saw My Sims Agent. Is that any good?

I thought about getting Sky Captain. My ds would like a flying game (he isn't too thrilled with the wii games we have at the moment)....but all I seem to find are fighting/war flying games. Searching for flying games is actually how I found out about Sky Captain. I don't know if he'd be thrilled with it, but I know youngest dd would love it. Any decent flying games that aren't war??

Also, my ds keeps asking for Zelda. I don't know much about Zelda and I would like to know if it's mystical/wizardry/magical (that kind of stuff). Does it involve killing people? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

The Boom Blox games are fabulous family fun.

I am a huge Zelda fan. It's a fantasy/adventure game, but it IS completely fantastical. You don't kill people, you kill giant spiders, ogres, evil wolves and zombie-like monsters and other creatures that are kid-graphic friendly. (Meaning no gore, and the creepy characters really aren't that creepy.) Most of the challenges on Zelda games are puzzle-like, you have to figure out this to get to that, or how to beat this series of events to get across the room. Great critical thinking, and great fun.

There is some magic, after all, it's fantasy, but it's appropriate magic. It's not wizardry and casting spells, it's more like... fairies giving you special powers and moves that can help you beat the bad guys. Our family doesn't do wizardry-type magic at all, but I'm totally okay with Zelda. Good clean fun.

Also agree with the Lego games and Mariokart. Marioparty is pretty fun. A new version just came out, so you should start seeing Marioparty 8 for a more reasonable price.

Honestly after having all of the charging stations I would pass on that.

They never last more than a year tops before they all stopped working. I recently bought some Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries and a La Crosse battery charger and they've been better than the Nyko and energizer ones.

The Eneloops hold a charge for much, much longer and I like that I can also use them in other things (like our iMac touchpad)

Can't help you with games, my kids love all the Pokemon ones and Lego ones.

My ds is older, but we find great deals on used games. Our malls have two different chains that sell used games; they guarantee they work or give a full refund. They also purchase used games if you outgrow one.

Oh yes, this too! We never buy our Wii games new unless it's for a special gift. Gamestop is our friend. I pay annually to be a part of their pro-rewards club, and we buy enough video games throughout the year to make it totally worth it. They run special sales for card members only, and we always get a 10% discount on the used games.

Thank you everyone.

The Boom Blox games are fabulous family fun.

I am a huge Zelda fan. It's a fantasy/adventure game, but it IS completely fantastical. You don't kill people, you kill giant spiders, ogres, evil wolves and zombie-like monsters and other creatures that are kid-graphic friendly. (Meaning no gore, and the creepy characters really aren't that creepy.) Most of the challenges on Zelda games are puzzle-like, you have to figure out this to get to that, or how to beat this series of events to get across the room. Great critical thinking, and great fun.

There is some magic, after all, it's fantasy, but it's appropriate magic. It's not wizardry and casting spells, it's more like... fairies giving you special powers and moves that can help you beat the bad guys. Our family doesn't do wizardry-type magic at all, but I'm totally okay with Zelda. Good clean fun.

Also agree with the Lego games and Mariokart. Marioparty is pretty fun. A new version just came out, so you should start seeing Marioparty 8 for a more reasonable price.

Thank you for telling me about Zelda!

Honestly after having all of the charging stations I would pass on that.

They never last more than a year tops before they all stopped working. I recently bought some Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries and a La Crosse battery charger and they've been better than the Nyko and energizer ones.

The Eneloops hold a charge for much, much longer and I like that I can also use them in other things (like our iMac touchpad)

Can't help you with games, my kids love all the Pokemon ones and Lego ones.

Thanks for the advice on the charger. I'll give that some thought. I guess I could always just have a a supply of AA batteries on hand too. :001_smile:

We have just the games that came with our Wii and a High School Musical game that EK enjoys, and that's plenty for us so far, so I can't really recommend any games. But I did want to comment about the charger. We bought chargers and wound up taking them back for a refund. We have the flexible rubber/silicone covers for our controllers, and we would have to remove the cover every time we needed to set a controller in the charging stand. It was way too inconvenient, so we returned the stands and just bought a package of rechargeable batteries with a charger, and that works great for us. We try to keep several batteries charged up ahead of time so that when one of the controllers stops working, we can replace the batteries and keep playing without having to wait for the batteries to charge.

We have just the games that came with our Wii and a High School Musical game that EK enjoys, and that's plenty for us so far, so I can't really recommend any games. But I did want to comment about the charger. We bought chargers and wound up taking them back for a refund. We have the flexible rubber/silicone covers for our controllers, and we would have to remove the cover every time we needed to set a controller in the charging stand. It was way too inconvenient, so we returned the stands and just bought a package of rechargeable batteries with a charger, and that works great for us. We try to keep several batteries charged up ahead of time so that when one of the controllers stops working, we can replace the batteries and keep playing without having to wait for the batteries to charge.

Thanks for this idea. We have those rubber cover things too.....so, yeah...that would be a pain.