Menu

after FLL 4

Ohio12

thanks everyone. I just love FLL so much. I love the way she explains things, and lays out the pages and the concepts and I love the fact that it is consumable! I will miss it terribly. But content-wise, R&S will probably be ok.:crying:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ap95

In the same boat. What to use upon hearing ALL has been cancelled. I am intrigued by Analytical Grammar. Does anyone know when the Junior Analytical Grammar is intended to be used? Also, read somewhere that The junior version is just the first 10 weeks of the regular Analytical grammar. Is this true?

In the same boat. What to use upon hearing ALL has been cancelled. I am intrigued by Analytical Grammar. Does anyone know when the Junior Analytical Grammar is intended to be used? Also, read somewhere that The junior version is just the first 10 weeks of the regular Analytical grammar. Is this true?

Jr AG is to be used in 4th or 5th grade. I've heard they have recently come out with a Jr AG usage book. The regular book teaches the same concepts as the first season of AG using sentences at a lower reading level.

Ds will be using JAG next year, now that he has finished the FLLs. He will also be using Serl's' ILL, but he is behind in writing (he will also be doing WWE3 for 4th grade.) I added the ILL because JAG doesn't seem to have the "sweetness" (memory work, etc.) that FLL had. JAG looks really workbook-y and dry, but it looks like it will get the job done.

FWIW, my ds will only be in 4th this fall. I don't know if I would have made the same decisions if he would be older next year or if he was a stronger writer.

I also looked at Loyola Press's Voyages in English, but ultimately decided not to spend that much on one program.

Do you order grade 5 materials after finishing FLL4? We will using FLL 4 this fall and don't want to think that I will have to go on a new curriculum search next year.

This is the boat we're in, using FLL4 this year and then the year after, I don't know. Is it too much to hope that ALL will be out by July of next year? I know, no one knows. I can hope, though. :001_smile: