Menu

Need camera suggestions! Point and shoot digital

:bigear: I just bought one and DON'T LIKE IT. I thought they were pretty much all the same. I bought a Sony Cybershot. Almost every picture I take is out of focus, even if I take the time to do the "halfway press" thingy, which I hate. It takes too long to just take a picture, so grabbing and trying to get something quick is totally out of the question.

Cost about $100 too...

I bought a Canon PowerShot SD1300 last year, my third and last Canon. I get better pictures with my Blackberry and iPhone than I do with that camera. My first digital camera was the same one only an earlier version and it took beautiful pictures. My kids broke the lens, so I bought another Canon but a different model. It lasted about a year before it started having problems. So, I went back to the ELPH and I haven't been happy with it since I bought it.

I always bought Nikon when I had film cameras and I think I will go back to them when I scrape together the funds for a new camera. The kids can have this one. :tongue_smilie:

We bought a Canon PowerShot S95 last year. I can't remember how much it cost but it is EXCELLENT. Reviews are outstanding. Really it takes very clear pictures and even great HD video. I went to Africa with it because I didn't want to lug around a huge camera with lenses. This is small and portable and I got some amazing pictures from it. And durable too. I was at an orpahange for a week and the kids kept stealing it from me. It was wet in the ocean, rubbed with sand everywhere...etc and still takes amazing shots.