-scrub toilet/sink in personal bathroom

-laundry

-dishes

-vacuuming

-wiping counters/tables

-sweeping the downstairs

weekly:

-change sheets

-deep clean of each individual room (one a day)

-yard work

-sweep upstairs/stairs

daily:

Make Beds

Sweep

Feed Dogs

Give Dogs water

Empty Litter Box

empty Trash

Dishes

Make sure cats have food/water

weekly:

mop

clean bathroom

laundry (we take it all to laundry mat if i dont do it in the wringer washer)

Right now I'm behind...

Normally, I get done daily:

sweeping, dishwasing, wiping counters/table, laundry, make beds

Weekly:

kitchen deep clean, bathrooms, vacuum, wash sheets

1x-2x month: steam mopping

Edited by mommy5

Hehe, how about we flip it and ask: what chores have you taught your KIDS to do? :)

That's the bugaboo around here. I clean just fine, and so does dh. (He's a wonder with cleaning the floors and taking out trash, hehe.) Somehow I just haven't gotten around to teaching dd enough CLEANING. She cooks marvelously, but the cleaning? Oh dear.

What do I get done daily? Dishes, most days. Generally picking up. Clean off the kitchen counter. It's rare for me to go to bed if the kitchen counter is cluttered or their are dishes in the sink.

Weekly? The bathrooms get cleaned, though often by the kids and not terribly well. The kitchen/dining room gets swept once or twice and I spot clean with my swiffer wet jet. Laundry gets done, though not always folded or put away. Living room and family room get vacuumed.

Basically, not enough! Ideally, I would sweep every day and fully mop the floors once a week. Vacuuming really should happen twice or even three times. Laundry needs to be done more often and more completely.

Just thought I would post for other slackers so you don't feel bad!

What do I get done daily? Dishes, most days. Generally picking up. Clean off the kitchen counter. It's rare for me to go to bed if the kitchen counter is cluttered or their are dishes in the sink.

Weekly? The bathrooms get cleaned, though often by the kids and not terribly well. The kitchen/dining room gets swept once or twice and I spot clean with my swiffer wet jet. Laundry gets done, though not always folded or put away. Living room and family room get vacuumed.

Basically, not enough! Ideally, I would sweep every day and fully mop the floors once a week. Vacuuming really should happen twice or even three times. Laundry needs to be done more often and more completely.

Ha! Compared with you, you come out Superwoman!:001_smile:

Daily:

Beds made

Dishes done

Counter/table wiped down

Downstairs hardwood and tile swept

Pick up messes as we go

kitchen trash

Pets fed/watered

Litter box changed

1 time a week:

Yard work

Cars washed/vacuumed out

2 times a week:

Bathrooms cleaned

Furniture dusted

Carpet vacuumed

Laundry washed/folded/put away

Upstairs hardwood swept

All trash cans emptied

Monthly:

Oven cleaned

Throw rugs washed

Doors and walls spot cleaned

Baseboards

Ceiling fans

Hardwood mopped

Inside windows

Inside/outside sunroom windows

Refrigerator thoroughly cleaned

Trash cans washed

That sounds like a lot, but between the kids and I, 99% of that is taken care of in our 20 minute chore time in the morning. The yard work and cars get done with dad on the weekend.

Wow, some of you guys are really on top of things!

Hehe, how about we flip it and ask: what chores have you taught your KIDS to do? :)

That's the bugaboo around here. I clean just fine, and so does dh. (He's a wonder with cleaning the floors and taking out trash, hehe.) Somehow I just haven't gotten around to teaching dd enough CLEANING. She cooks marvelously, but the cleaning? Oh dear.

Don't even get me started on this. :glare:

Ok, so I get done about the same as you. Makes me feel better!

In the two weeks after I broke my foot things really started to fall apart around here. I had to work my butt off (which, I'm not even supposed to be doing) to catch it up. I realized we need to revamp our chores. My kids are way too old not to be stepping up.

I'm finding it easiest to separate chores into four categories: daily personal chores, weekly personal chores, daily family chores and weekly family chores. My kids are old enough not to include things like personal hygiene on their lists. Some things on the chore lists are done more than once per day, that's okay. This is what I have for a start.

Personal daily chores:

make bed in morning

do homework

put away school things

fold and put away laundry

tidy floor and surfaces of room before bed

get ready for the morning (what activity do you have tomorrow?)

feed and water personal pets

Weekly personal chores:

vacuum bedroom

wash and replace sheets

dust bedroom

tidy bookshelves and desk

clean out drawers

clean closet

clean cage/tank of personal pets

Daily family chores:

empty dishwasher

cook breakfast

clear and wipe table after meals

cook lunch

clear and wipe down kitchen counters and top of stove

load dishwasher after lunch

wash and dry 2 loads of laundry

sweep kitchen

tidy downstairs, clear floor and surfaces

tidy upstairs

feed and water dog

cook dinner

do dinner dishes

Weekly family chores:

dust downstairs

clean upstairs bathroom, sweep and mop

clean downstairs powder room

vacuum downstairs

vacuum upstairs common areas and bathroom sink area

sweep and mop tile downstairs

pick up dog poop

wash and vacuum cars

I want to make something like this, but it will have to be bigger and adapted to have daily and weekly set chores:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Magnetic-Family-Chore-Chart-for-a-multi-child-hou/

Edited by Mrs Mungo