Menu

If you had a transaction go bad on another site and then saw the person post here....

what would you do? It was a used curriculum transacation and a book was missing - which the seller acknowledged with a note saying she would refund $10 of the original price. She never did and she never responded to emails etc.

I saw her post a question here.... I was so tempted to pm her, leave her bad rep, or something else not so nice, but I was convicted over my unforgiving attitude and stopped myself short.

Just curious... what would you do?

(By the way, I tried a claim through paypal, but incomplete orders are not their problem and I left negative feedback on the site where the transacation originated.)

what would you do? It was a used curriculum transacation and a book was missing - which the seller acknowledged with a note saying she would refund $10 of the original price. She never did and she never responded to emails etc.

I saw her post a question here.... I was so tempted to pm her, leave her bad rep, or something else not so nice, but I was convicted over my unforgiving attitude and stopped myself short.

Just curious... what would you do?

(By the way, I tried a claim through paypal, but incomplete orders are not their problem and I left negative feedback on the site where the transacation originated.)

I would pass it along to the admins of this site and try hard to leave it at that.

I wouldn't do anything except if her post was to sell something on the sell & swap board. If she were trying to sell something I might make a comment to have a hold on the check or something like that.

If you are talking about the difference of just $10 (for me $10 or $100 is a lot of money btw), my peace of mind is of greater value then a small debt. I would forgive the debt and move on.

I would send her a PM, so glad to find that she is well! Gosh, you were afraid that maybe something horrible befell her given that she never responded to your previous emails. Now that's you've connected again, refunding that $10 should take only a minute . . . Hey, how's your homeschool journey going? We're looking forward to the summer . . .

ETA: If she ignores that, then you have to let it go.

:iagree: I would try this approach. Who knows, maybe she had a computer crash, death in the family, etc. and forgot all about that particular transaction. This would be a non-confrontational way to see what happened.

I would send her a PM, so glad to find that she is well! Gosh, you were afraid that maybe something horrible befell her given that she never responded to your previous emails. Now that's you've connected again, refunding that $10 should take only a minute . . . Hey, how's your homeschool journey going? We're looking forward to the summer . . .

ETA: If she ignores that, then you have to let it go.

Thank you ! That is a great idea - why doesn't my mind work that way?

Thanks!