Menu

Timberdoodle...

Anyone ever use their programs? I have a soon to be 7th grader and we need change! We need some fun things and hands on things to liven up our day. He is of a hands-on/engineery type nature and would really profit from some fun along with the other more challenging natures of homeschooling. (we do Rod and Staff, Rainbow Science, Lial's Intermediate Alg. and would continue with those things...) I"m looking at Mystery of History, the Max Axiom readers and some of their science building items.

Thanks.

Timberdoodle doesn't publish anything. :001_huh: So, you're more specifically asking about kits of things that Timberdoodle puts together?

There are many Mystery of History users here. Perhaps if you put that in your subject line, you'll get more responses form them. :-)

I have drooled over that catalog a few times. :tongue_smilie: I haven't bought any of their core curriculm kits. I do like the products they have put together! It looks neat and fun. I also think their reviews on the products give me a different outlook on the products compared to what I have read on other sites. I did find out that they offer "manuals" on how to schedule their core kits. http://www.timberdoodlecompany.com/doodleblog/2012/03/30/what-kind-of-manuals-are-in-timberdoodles-core-curriculum-kits/

You know the farther I go, the more I see a lot of good COMMON SENSE in the cores from Timberdoodle. And of course everything they sell is wonderful. Doesn't sound like you're wanting the full core, just a few components. Absolutely go for it! Might be just the change you need.

Did you notice they're including the Well-Planned Day planners in their new kits? :)

Next year my 3rd grader will be doing almost All of their 3rd grade Core with the exception of math.

My 5th grader will be using about half of their suggestions

I have used items from their catalog for 5 years, and I have never been dusapointed. I think they are a unique, creative, down to earth family with good values and careful product selection. They really offer something unique to the homeschool market.

I'm super excited that they are selling and incorporating the high school Well Planned Day and that they still offer free phone consultations and if you ever do buy a Core, they will modify it however you desire.

Last year was a hard year for us. It was overly academic, tedious, and bookish. I can't wait to start our new school year with 70% Timberdoodle suggestions! My son actually hugged his books when they came!

• 5 weeks later...
I agree with PP. Timberdoodle just pulls resources together and from what I understand, has no guide. If that will work for you, I think they offer great selections.

They don't have a teachers guide, but the do have a pretty well laid out schedule for each core, including how often to work the puzzles and play the games.