Menu

Who wants to help word this customer service complaint

I sent ds almost 17 and 12 for hair cuts. DS said the conversation between stylists was um inappropriate. They were talking bOOk enhancements, how one lady married a 28 year old at 15 and other raunchy conversation .:001_huh: In front on my sons. My oldest did not think my 12 year old heard that conversation but still.:glare:

Dear Hair cut place,

your stylist were talking trash in front of my teenage son. Highly unprofessional for a family friendly business.

I am considering calling customer service directly. However, in the economy I don't want anyone to get fired.

How about something like:

Dear Hair Cut Place Owner/Manager,

I have a concern I need to raise with you. Yesterday, I sent my 12 and 17 year old sons on their own to get haircuts at your establishment. When they got home, my older son informed me that a couple of the stylists (insert names here if you know them) were having conversations back and forth about topics that really were not appropriate to have in front of any customer, let alone minor boys. They were discussing breast enhancement, the marriage of a 15 year old to a 28 year old, and other similarly raunchy topics.

I am sure you agree that a level of professionalism is important in your establishment, particularly around customers, and even more particularly around children. I considered this a family friendly place, but now I have great qualms about sending my children there and wanted to let you know this behavior is potentially losing you business.

I would appreciate it if you would discuss this issue with your employees and let them know it was not appropriate or acceptable for them to talk this way!

Thank you,

Mom

I would express your displeasure at "the inappropriate sexual content being discussed in the presence of adolescents." I would also write something to the effect of this being unprofessional and not fitting of a business that markets itself as a "family business", that you expect a level of professionalism. I would send a copy to the manager of the store.

Personally I wouldn't want to hear all that while I'm getting my haircut and I'm old and not prudish. I think there are some conversations that should stay in the break room or off hours.

That happened to my dd 13 a month ago at the orthodontist. While she was having her braces tweeked, the dental assistants were talking about an R rated movie, including describing a torture scene. :glare:

The ortho office has an automated feedback survey after each visit which I normally don't fill out. I did this time!

I have a concern I need to raise with you. Yesterday, I sent my 12 and 17 year old sons on their own to get haircuts at your establishment. When they got home, my older son informed me that a couple of the stylists (insert names here if you know them) were having conversations back and forth about topics that really were not appropriate to have in front of any customer, let alone minor boys. They were discussing breast enhancement, the marriage of a 15 year old to a 28 year old, and other similarly raunchy topics.

I am sure you agree that a level of professionalism is important in your establishment, particularly around customers, and even more particularly around children. I considered this a family friendly place, but now I have great qualms about sending my children there and wanted to let you know this behavior is potentially losing you business.

I would appreciate it if you would discuss this issue with your employees and let them know it was not appropriate or acceptable for them to talk this way!

Thank you,

Mom

This letter is perfect.

Thank you,

Mom

:iagree::iagree:

I also like the letter a previous poster suggested.

As a licensed cosmetologist who has worked in chain/family establishments, I am so sorry. I have worked in salons where at times the client/staff mix called for "mature" conversation and I'm OK with that. When I knew my client wasn't or there were children present I tried my best to change the subject.

This is said in my nicest internet voice- please read my good intent (I'm new here:)) This could be a good lesson to your sons to learn to speak up and change the subject. Especially with humor- "Haha- there are CHILDREN here!" Or perhaps asking his stylist if she could ask her co-workers to change the subject.

I have a 12yo who looks much older- I have to remind her sister's friends to tone down their descriptions of movie scenes, for example, or song choices when they plug the iPod in while I'm driving. It's OK- and even Diamond (16) can speak up gently when needed.