Menu

Something I wish I had said in real life

Hey, Condescending Jerk,

It doesn't take that long to learn grammar and vocabulary, so when I say I have a Master's Degree in French, that doesn't mean I'm "super good at conjugating irregular verbs" (which, by the way, I am). I have taken graduate level courses in literature, philosophy, history, art, architecture, and business- all in a language that is not my native language. I have lived abroad and learned customs and mores of another culture. I have written and defended a master's thesis in front of native speakers- all in a language that is not my native language. I was asked to work for a French company because of my ability to handle all of their business correspondence- all in a language that is not my native language.

So, please don't intimate to me that your degree in Clinical Psychology or Environmental Studies is somehow more "real" or "academic" than mine- unless you've done it all in a language that is not your native language.:tongue_smilie:

I'll give you a postage stamp so you can mail it. :tongue_smilie:

I'll supply the envelope!

I do enjoy the irony of the snide soul who thinks his degree is so academically superior while having no idea what someone else's actually entails. His clearly did not include inquiry, did it?

So, please don't intimate to me that your degree in Clinical Psychology or Environmental Studies is somehow more "real" or "academic" than mine- unless you've done it all in a language that is not your native language.:tongue_smilie:

unless he pretended to be psychologically normal while all the time..... ;)

Hey, Condescending Jerk,

It doesn't take that long to learn grammar and vocabulary, so when I say I have a Master's Degree in French, that doesn't mean I'm "super good at conjugating irregular verbs" (which, by the way, I am). I have taken graduate level courses in literature, philosophy, history, art, architecture, and business- all in a language that is not my native language. I have lived abroad and learned customs and mores of another culture. I have written and defended a master's thesis in front of native speakers- all in a language that is not my native language. I was asked to work for a French company because of my ability to handle all of their business correspondence- all in a language that is not my native language.

Rock on !!!