Menu

Planners for high school students...fave?

Hello,

In Cincy convention, Well Planned day planners were there. I looked at the high school one that is a four year planner in one. I thought about getting that for my upcoming freshman. I did get one for my oldest but he never used it. He preferred to make his own to tailor it for him.

My 8th grader is nothing like him so I think he would benefit from this planner however looking it through I am not sure. So if there are any other planners for high school that you love or student love in helping them through high school in planning classes in prep for college??

Holly

• 2 weeks later...

I have always bought yearly planners through successbydesign.com. They are simple format and work great for middle school and high school.

I keep track of high school progress an excell program that I created to keep track of what is complete and what still needs to happen. My friend simply hand wrote a form for high school requirements and checks off as they are completed.

I also keep a short synopsis of each class that includes textbook used, books read, papers written.

My dd loves this Day Runner planner from Office Depot! She loves the vertical columns for each day and the fact that the times are omitted. (The usual spots for times are perfect for writing names of subjects.) She writes everything out for the week and then highlights in pink to check the items off!

http://www.dayrunner.com/dayrunnerstore/mwv/product/Bubbles-Academic-Weekly-Monthly-Planner/767-905A?pageSize=9&rootCatId=Planners_12&goToPage=1&catId=cat100014&prodId=767-905A

Edited by profmom

My dd loves this Day Runner planner from Office Depot! She loves the vertical columns for each day and the fact that the times are omitted. (The usual spots for times are perfect for writing names of subjects.) She writes everything out for the week and then highlights in pink to check the items off!

http://www.dayrunner.com/dayrunnerstore/mwv/product/Bubbles-Academic-Weekly-Monthly-Planner/767-905A?pageSize=9&rootCatId=Planners_12&goToPage=1&catId=cat100014&prodId=767-905A

This is the same style that my daughter preferred (vertical format rather than horizontal).

Regards,

Kareni

I love this one! I'm hoping to transition my kids to planning their own week next year and this looks perfect. I would need to find one a little less girly for DS, though. :)

Donnayoung.org has printable planner pages, but I usually make my own in Word. I guess I'm quirky enough that pre-printed planners never work for me. LOL

We make our own as well. I use OneNote for class planning and we all link to Outlook for calendars. I also like the flexibility of making my own assigment sheet.

For their Friday ps enrichment classes, they keep their homework assignments for their 6 classes on a sheet in the front of their notebooks.

One thing I did, that I haven't utilized to its full yet, is make a private school blog. On blogger you can set your blog to private, so it can only be viewed by invited people, you can also make them authors on your blog.

I added relevant links for each subject, I post about current events, and next year I will do more (she says hopefully).

It's really like a virtual bulletin board.

One thing I did, that I haven't utilized to its full yet, is make a private school blog. On blogger you can set your blog to private, so it can only be viewed by invited people, you can also make them authors on your blog.

I added relevant links for each subject, I post about current events, and next year I will do more (she says hopefully).

That's brilliant, Paula!

I would love to do this!! Are there any open blogs I can view to get an idea of what it looks like and the content?

Holly

Ooohhh, I LOVE this idea - now to just do it!

I love this one! I'm hoping to transition my kids to planning their own week next year and this looks perfect. I would need to find one a little less girly for DS, though. :)

If you find one, will you let me know? :) I'd like to consider it for ds next year for 8th as an alternative to our custom Excel planner.

I'm considering buying one of these bubble planners for myself too! I'm going to try The Well-Planned Day for the last few weeks of the year first. CBD has them cheap right now!