Menu

If you were going to get 2 laptops/ipads

For the children's usage what would you get. We need something we can type on and something that would be good for portability and viewing. Right now I have and iPad and dh has a company provided pc. The kids don't have access to either. We, as a family, don't have a desk top and I am pretty stingy with my iPad. What should we get?

We're in the market for just the same thing. I'm looking really closely at the EE Asus Prime as the option for one of them, since it is a tablet, highly rated, that has a dock which has a keyboard. Here is CNET's review of the Prime, and here is a comparison chart with the IPad and the Prime as well as some other tablets.

I'm leaning toward one Prime and one IPad, the latter because there are apps out there for the IPad that I want from an edu standpoint. Seems like that would be the best of both worlds since you'd have flash as well.

We bought two laptops. LOVE, Love, Love them!

When they arrived, I didn't let anyone touch them for a week while I took the time to uninstall all the junk that the company downloaded, then i cleaned the registry and installed everything that i wanted on each machine. I password protected everything and set up the desktops just perfect. Then I released the machines to the kids. It was so nice to have everything updated at the same time, and now when one program updates on one computer, I automatically update the second machine at the same time. It saves me time. It was great!

I just got this computer today. HP pavillion G6. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Pavilion+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Pewter/5031623.p?id=1218608960434&skuId=5031623

I prefer a laptop for durability and keyboard.

My netbook died last week and I was hesitant to replace it with another netbook, although I loved it. The reliability was much lower than a laptop. I'd only had it 15 months and the motherboard bit the dust.

My new laptop is pretty sweet, it has a widescreen which is nice. at 329.99 is was one of the cheaper name brand new laptop that I could find anywhere online. My parents surprised me with an early birthday gift (I only add that because I've lamented our financial situation in the "my netbook is dead" thread).

I would get one of each. And for the record, we have 2 iPads and 2 laptops (about to swap out one laptop for a Mac laptop). Kids do not have their own iPad, but at least 1/2 the apps on my iPad are for the kids. And when my husband upgrades his IPad, the kids will get his (can't wait). Was hoping he'd jump on the IPad 3 bandwagon, but he's not impressed yet!