Menu

Teachers Lodge (aka Momma's Therapy Session)

:D

Hello, everyone! Today we are offering free psychoanalysis and therapy (read: agreeing with your complaints and stuffing you with chocolate :D).

Plugging our way through school and what-not today. Rolled up half the carpet in the living room yesterday, and hopefully, the rest today. Then cutting it into pieces and tossing it in the trash. It NEEDS to go!

What's frustrating you today? Here: the fact that I've been trying to get ahold of my doctor for TWO days in regards to getting a different sleep medicine and she won't call me back! AND the fact that I used a web app last week for an online class and today it won't even work! :glare:

What's happy for you today? Here: I get to come chat with all of YOU and YOU get it! :)

Who has an iPad and thinks the world of it? Oh, pick me, pick me! I've only had it for a couple of weeks and this has to be one of THE best investments I've ever made! So thankful for it!

:bigear: Talk to me!

Hi ya, Scrap! We miss you.

I did start a Teacher's Lounge today but it had much more boring questions.

Frustrating- amazingly enough, I haven't been frustrated at all today.

Happy - I got to talk to a couple of homeschool moms today at the achievement testing site. It was not only fun but very helpful.

iPad - nope, not me.

Frustrating:Workmen came to assess some water damage we have from a leaky window and the more they dug the worse the news got. It will be quite a job to fix what this leaky window has done. :glare: he also discovered a nice nest of ant eggs in the wall which almost had me climbing up there to make it a science experience!

Positive: We did manage to get PR and math done in spite of the interruption and DS got his late form approved for his date to go with him to prom-phew!

Ipad: don't have one yet but DH is getting one from sales of a program they help market and said I could have it!!!:001_smile:

Frustrating: I just put up a new post on my blog. My husband sent me an email that I had "whatever" misspelled in the first paragraph. Arhh! Could I look like more of an idiot? Don't answer that, because I know the answer is "Yes."

Happy: We just had a happy childhood memory moment earlier. My daughter went to get the mail. She dropped a piece and it started blowing down the street. Every time she got close enough to try and stomp on it, it blew out of her reach again. I just watched and smiled as my son joined in the chase. They finally caught the piece of mail in the neighbor's yard two houses down. It is such a beautiful spring day with children smiling and laughing. Sigh!

iPad: Don't have one. Wish I did. Will accept donations. Anyone wanna give me one?

I have never done one of these. Kind of makes me feel like an official homeschooler. I'm finally starting to lose a bit of my "newbie" deer-in-the-headlights paralysis. It is nice to feel like I am part of a community.

Frustrating: My car repairs that started out as a $200 estimate (new sensor) turned into $1400 (new timing chain) and today $3200 (bent valve-needs a new engine) :001_huh:

Happy: I called an old friend out of the blue today and as soon as she heard my voice she started crying. She was having a bad day and really needed a friend to talk to. She sais she was so happy to have a phone call from someone who she knows loves her for who she is.

No ipad. humph. but hopefully I will get my car back so maybe an iCar instead. LOL

Frustating me today ... my watch. It was a recent gift from my nephew, so I feel a bit obligated to wear it (he lives with me) but it's inexpensive so it's making me itch. It's also a stretchy metal band, and the only two hairs I have on my entire arm keep getting stuck in between the stretchy metal band parts! It was a thoughtful gift (I broke my other watch participating in an activity with him), but it's annoying as all get out.

Happy for me today ... my friend has a free hotel room for tonight, but he's not going to use it so he offered it to me. He, my brothers and I are meeting up with a few other friends to have dinner at the hotel, then my girlfriend and I are have a little sleepover at the hotel :) We need some kid-free, mommy-time and this opportunity fell into our lap!

We have iPads. I don't get them. I don't ever use them LOL. I use my iPhone, but if I want something bigger I'm just going to go ahead and get out the laptop :D.

Frustrating: Dd8 keeps dissolving into tears. "Mama, it's 9:45 and I haven't finished my math, yet!" (She started it at 9:30.) "I haven't done my AWANA stuff yet. What if there's an [assignment that must be done over several days]?" "I can't go water my part of the garden yet!" "It's not fair that dd5 could go out and I couldn't yet, even though she had waited 1/2 hour for me and I wasn't ready!" "I didn't have enough water!" "I over-watered my forget-me-nots!" Grrrrrrrr. And she's not even a tween yet, is she? (This is completely apart from the frustrations of dd2 not liking the fact that they're mowing our complex today and insisting on spending much of lunch-prep time on my hip. With her hair carefully pulled over her face so she wouldn't be able to see the mower pass outside the window.)

Nice: I'm in near-perfect silence right now. Ahhhhhhhhhhh . . .

Ipad? Maybe in the next 10 years . . . <sigh>

Mama Anna

Jean, I looked for another thread before I started this one but didn't see it. Huh. Thanks for missing me! :D

Kristen, you are a TRUE homeschooler to want to make a science lesson out of those ant eggs!

Education Explorers, WELCOME! We all have the days when we mis-spell or our tongues trip over the simplest words! You're not alone! But what a lovely memory of watching your kids on a beautiful spring day!

Tap, tap, tap: aren't you glad you could touch the life of a friend in such an unexpected way? LOVE that!

Eternal Knot, would you like me to pull the arm hairs on your other arm to make you feel balanced? :D

Mama Anna, oh how I remember my daughter being 9! Yikes, was she ever a handful! It's the AGE, not YOU,my friend. But then again, my 7yo SON is the fussy prima donna these days! We'll commiserate together, okay? ;)

I'll play...:001_huh:

Frustrating-trying to get ANY schooling done while dd (1.5 years) is awake. It is impossible!!!

Happy-spent a beautiful morning at a park with one of my favorite people, my friend A and her kids. We chatted, the kids played, it was pretty close to bliss. Then later this afternoon, we went to hang out at the farm where dd takes riding lessons. Baby goats, bunnies, and foals...so sweet. It's just so serene there, the kids play for hours around the barn, I love the smells and atmosphere there.

iPad-yes! Love mine!!! My ONLY frustration is that there are some things that won't work on it, like Flash or recently ABCTheKey. :confused: Other that those minor things, I love it.