Menu

If you own a robotic vacuum cleaner, how much do you like it?

WE have a Roomba, but I need to order a replacement filter so have not used it in a while.

I'll tell you why I love it. Because it makes everyone pick up their junk every night!! No one wants to lose a lego piece or have barbie's hair sucked up in the Roomba to find her in a mangled mess the next morning:lol:

I still use my Dyson for thorough vaccuming, but the Roomba really DOES work well. it just does a nice surface pick up of everything. I am seriously considering the floor washing one. Stick it in the bathroom and turn it on.

We have a regular Roomba. It does an ok job, but I wish we had know to buy the bigger Pet Roomba because the one we have can hardly keep up with the dog hair from our two eternally-shedding dogs.

The main complaint I have is that we have the older one where the motor box is not sealed. DH has to take it apart and clean hair out of it about once a month when it stop s working. The newer ones use a sealed gear box and avoid this. Other complaints are that it is noisy (like any vacumn) - you can't make a phone call when it's running.

I like having the dog hair (mostly) cleaned up once a day on the carpets. And it does an amazing job on the hard floors in the kitchen and laundry room.

I have a Roomba, though I'm not sure what model.

For me, it's a 5. I love it so much that I'm considering getting another one for the other end of the house.

The Roomba does a more thorough job than I do with my big vacuum cleaner. I tend to zip through vacuuming, and the Roomba goes slowly and takes it's time. I'm amazed at the amount of pet hair it picks up even after I've vacuumed with my big vac, and mine isn't even the pet hair model!

I was just wondering if there's another brand or model I should consider before buying a second of the one I already have. Hmm...does Costco even still have them?

• 4 weeks later...

Any other input on Roombas and best place to get one?

I am thinking of this for DS's bedroom. He has allergies/asthma and I feel as though we are forever vacuuming his room. This spring we are going to severely minimize the stuff in his room. He has outgrown many things anyways so it is good timing.

Any other input on Roombas and best place to get one?

I am thinking of this for DS's bedroom. He has allergies/asthma and I feel as though we are forever vacuuming his room. This spring we are going to severely minimize the stuff in his room. He has outgrown many things anyways so it is good timing.

I got my Roomba because of my allergies.

With my regular vacuum, I had a dickens of a time vacuuming under my bed, so it would often go long stretches without being done, or done thoroughly. The Roomba cleans under the bed thoroughly and effortlessly every single day, and it has made a difference in my allergy symptoms. I bought mine from Costco.