Menu

After all this time, things have fallen into place.

In a series of events that have taken place during these last few weeks, God has closed many doors in my life, but he has also opened many doors leading to an even better one that I couldn't have imagined. I thought for awhile that I would attend college with the idea of getting a Master's and living a life that probably would have been the death of me. I now know that God has other plans for my life, and things are finally beginning to fall into place. After floundering around for so long, I've touched solid ground and no longer feel like a grain of sand that had no meaning in life.

My calling isn't what I had expected, but it is something I am extremely good at, and cannot wait to start. It is Mission Work, I love it like I love history, reading, writing, and just as much as my family. I want to do it, I want to dedicate my life to it and after my family and I move I am going to become involved in Mission work while working on my Associate's probably in Medical Assisting or Phlebotomy. I have found my calling in life, and I have a drive for it unlike so many other degrees that I thought would be apart of my life. My parents are on board and they agree that this is the best for me as I have the heart, mind, strength, spiritual walk, and leadership skills to accomplish all of this.

Many people have already tried to deter me from it, but they cannot make me give it up. I plan on taking up any internships I can get and as soon as I get the chance I will be out there helping the least of these. I want to educate them, teach them how to provide for themselves, how to treat each other, build schools, houses, clinics, provide them with vaccinations to prevent disease, educate them about health, provide spiritual guidance, and give them lots ans lots of love. I want to accomplish all of this in my lifetime, and if I don't then I don't, what more is there to it than that.

I am just so thankful to God, for finally opening my heart to what I am called to do, my family for supporting me and loving me no matter what. And to all of you, everyone on these boards has been so patient with me and has provided excellent resources and encouragement!!

Finally things have fallen into place and I cannot wait to being my new plans!:D

Congratulations! Medical missions is a great field to go into -- there will always be a need for it. It's a wonderful feeling when things start falling into place!

My son, who is a nursing major, wants to spend vacations doing medical missions in third world countries, after he gets his degree.

We are so happy for you!

Yay, congratulations!

My dd has the same type of calling. She's leaning toward being a nurse (RN) and go into mission work of some kind. We went as a family to Fiji to build a clinic, work with the people and children in their homes and school, and do children's meetings when she was 8. We have helped a couple of local people with various needs that are ongoing. When they were 11, she and her friend worked on a huge community project together. It took 1 1/2 years, and just the two of them, by making Power Point presentations, talking in front of Civic groups and churches, and working hard at spreading the word, raised $38,000 for a playground for a local special school for kids who are autistic and/or have other mental and physical problems. Then they got to be part of the group that helped build it! The kids and workers at the school had no outlet, and this has been a huge positive thing for them! Last summer she joined a group of teens from our denomination who do short-term mission work in surrounding communities. She was asked to coordinate one of those trips in our area, so is working on that for next month. She and her 18yo brother are also looking into going with a teen group this summer on a mission trip to Nicaragua to build schools and possibly churches and I don't know what all else. It's called the Teen Ultimate Workout ( http://www.maranatha.org/Template_Load.aspx?PageID=199 ) She just turned 15, and is sooo excited about it all! I'm okay with her going on this trip if her brother goes. He went on one of these Teen trips when he was almost 16 and LOVED it!

So, try to find local and other things you can do like this for experience. It has helped "feed the flame" for missions with my dd! It'll look good on your resume as well, if they see that you put forth the effort and have experience locally and abroad. I know that some CIvic groups and Churches are willing to donate to help with the cost of the travel, if you're willing to make a Power Point or some kind of "report" on what happened on the trip, what you did and how God blessed the efforts!

Best wishes, I will be praying for you!

Edited by Brindee

WOW.....Isn't God amazing! Only HE could change your plans and give you that direction and call. God bless you on your endeavor. Our world is so lost and just beckons for the younger generation to heed the call to reach the lost. And I don't mean just in foreign missions, but to be a "missionary" in heart where ever God plants you. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

God bless,

Jennifer

I will be in prayer for you, Cheyenne!

My df and college roommate, Amy, went to college for her BS in Nursing. She thought for so long that was what she wanted. Then God called her via her work in Campus Crusade for Christ. What a life-changer! She went on staff with them, got married, has 7 kiddos...a wonderful life!! And she still uses her nursing skills when she goes on conferences; she gets to be the staff nurse. :D

Oh what joys and riches God has for you, Dear One.

WOW.....Isn't God amazing! Only HE could change your plans and give you that direction and call. God bless you on your endeavor. Our world is so lost and just beckons for the younger generation to heed the call to reach the lost. And I don't mean just in foreign missions, but to be a "missionary" in heart where ever God plants you. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

God bless,

Jennifer

Thank you and yes God is truly amazing! I feel so much better now that I know what God has called me to do in life.

Congratulations! You might enjoy reading the book Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis. My dd18 recently enjoyed it.

This looks like a nice read, I will definitely be checking it out!

I will be in prayer for you, Cheyenne!

My df and college roommate, Amy, went to college for her BS in Nursing. She thought for so long that was what she wanted. Then God called her via her work in Campus Crusade for Christ. What a life-changer! She went on staff with them, got married, has 7 kiddos...a wonderful life!! And she still uses her nursing skills when she goes on conferences; she gets to be the staff nurse. :D

Oh what joys and riches God has for you, Dear One.

What a wonderful way to discover what God had in store for her. I am so thankful to you for your prayers and kind words Chris!:001_smile: