Menu

Is this too much LA for a 7th Grader??

This is what I'm thinking of using for my 7th grader in August for LA:

Essentials in Writing 7

Lightening Lit 7

VocabLit G (from Perfection Learning)(for use of spelling & vocab)or Wordly Wise 7

Analytical Grammar 1st season

I'm assuming that they are all used at least 4-5 days.....I don't want to overload my dd11, soon 12 in Sept., knowing all the other subjects we have planned.......

Like: SL G History with readers & hands on activities/Netflix, Saxon Math, Prentice Earth Science, Rosetta Spanish, and all the extra curricular stuff thrown in where we can fit it (usually on weekends).

Thank you as usual Hive ladies!!

:001_smile:

Edited by Murrayshire

*I* don't think so.

In 7th, my ds was doing Voyages for grammar, MCT for writing, LL7, and VfCR for vocab.

My 3rd and 4th graders do AAS, MCT (the whole program), and WWE, in addition to less-structured literature.

I can't really imagine skipping any of those aspects.

What is VfCR btw?

I am using WWE with my youngest daughter and will be using it for my ds in August for 1st.....

I really wanted to throw WWS in there for my soon to be 7th grader....but I thought with EIW, that may be too much?!

Thank you for helping!

I'm not super-familiar with LL- does it include writing assignments? I would be concerned about possibly overload in writing doing EIW and SL history and writing assignments from a lit program. If LL7 doesn't have writing assignments, then I'd say it looks fine.

Very Similar to our plan

Although I was going to try for two seasons of AG to complete it before 9th.

We are also *most likely* including Building Spelling Skills 7 and possibly dictation (not sure).

I have

Writing With Skill Level 2 if it is available

AG

LL 7

Wordly Wise 7

Building Spelling Skills 7

and possibly dictation with Spelling Wisdom

We are always "heavy" on the LA. It is how we roll.

Rebecca

I think she is doing EIW, not IEW?

Lightning Lit does have writing assignments at the end of each unit, but there is no writing instuction per se. I usually only assign one per unit and we're doing Writeshop along with it. LL is not enough for a writing curriculum if that's all you're doing.

Lightning Lit does have writing assignments at the end of each unit, but there is no writing instuction per se. I usually only assign one per unit and we're doing Writeshop along with it. LL is not enough for a writing curriculum if that's all you're doing.

I don't think I would do EIW and the history writing assignments from SL and then add writing assignments from a lit program on top of that. That just seems too much IMHO. I would do EIW and then choose either history or lit writing assignments but not both.

I think she is doing EIW, not IEW?

Good to know....yes, it's EIW and not IEW....We may throw in some of LL writing with Essentials in Writing.

I don't think I would do EIW and the history writing assignments from SL and then add writing assignments from a lit program on top of that. That just seems too much IMHO. I would do EIW and then choose either history or lit writing assignments but not both.

I was unaware of the SL history writing....I thought it was mainly reading assignments? My dd is going to notebook her way through SL....she's crafty like that.

So, I'm thinking, EIW with some history writing and then sometimes LL writing.....I guess I can let her pick and choose.

Thank you!