Menu

Do you grind your own coffee - electric or hand?

As a follow-up to my shopping mistake (buying whole coffee beans rather than pre-ground), I've been convinced to buy a grinder.

What kind do you have and do you like it? Is it easy to use, easy to clean? Is the coarseness of the grind adjustable? Electric or hand?

I looked at Walmart and the least expensive one they have on the shelf is a Hamilton Beach electric for $15 but it doesn't look like it has very good reviews. I looked at Amazon and they have lots of choices, including hand grinders.

I'd rather keep it less expensive because we aren't big coffee drinkers. I usually make a small pot on weekend mornings and when we have company.

Thanks,

Pegasus

Do they make quiet grinders? I'd look for that. We have an electric that makes a hideous sound. I just can't take it in the morning- especially before I've had my coffee. :lol: I started buying preground coffee just to avoid the sound. :glare:

My husband has a programmable coffee maker. He grinds the coffee beans before he goes to bed.