Menu

Hod=excitement!!!!!!

Have I mentioned how excited I am to use HOD RTR next year? I've ALWAYS drooled over their stuff but this year I took the plunge! Now to finish our ancient history stuff so we can move on! I also can't wait to use the next 2history programs also but that will come in the next 3 years! LOL! The science looks exciting do-able and independent! Yay!

We will be doing Bigger next year. I'm excited to get started! We don't plan to start until the fall, but we might start earlier than that because dd and I are both looking forward to it. We finish up MFW Adventures in 2 1/2 weeks so we may just head straight into Bigger after taking a week or so off.

• 2 weeks later...

maadrose, I would love to chat with you about it. I have never been brave enough to take the plunge. R&R is where my two students would start in. Isn't it to late to make the switch? We did MOH 2 this year. How would that mesh? I found it a little baffling that they use MOH3 plus a whole bunch of other history when we found simply doing mOH was sufficiant. Have you ordered it?

Will any of you be using RTR with an 8th grader? My son will be using the Extension Package. If you will have an 8th grader, do you plan to use the Science in RTR or will you be replacing it or supplementing it?

I have planned to do BJU's 8th grade Earth Science but not 100% for sure yet.

Will any of you be using RTR with an 8th grader? My son will be using the Extension Package. If you will have an 8th grader, do you plan to use the Science in RTR or will you be replacing it or supplementing it?

I have planned to do BJU's 8th grade Earth Science but not 100% for sure yet.

No, 6th.

I will have a fifth and seventh grader. I think the science is plenty as written but I also think for an eighth grader you could add the additional answers in genesis book which is option 2 and you could do it in addition to the option 1. I will only be adding a few of the history extensions for my seventh grader but not all because I really do think the program is plenty for seventh and eighth grade as written. This particular level of HOD covers everything that mystery of history covers in books 2 and 3. Instead of using book 2 though they use other books for that time period and then book 3 for the rest of it. If you begin this program and have already used book 2 then there might be some overlap but not too much.

I will have a fifth and seventh grader. I think the science is plenty as written but I also think for an eighth grader you could add the additional answers in genesis book which is option 2 and you could do it in addition to the option 1. I will only be adding a few of the history extensions for my seventh grader but not all because I really do think the program is plenty for seventh and eighth grade as written. This particular level of HOD covers everything that mystery of history covers in books 2 and 3. Instead of using book 2 though they use other books for that time period and then book 3 for the rest of it. If you begin this program and have already used book 2 then there might be some overlap but not too much.

That's just what I was thinking. I probably need to go ahead and get the IG so I can see how it's all scheduled out. We have replaced the Science in CTC this year, other than two of the books, but I'm thinking the Science in RTR might work. BJU covers Earth Science in 8th and it has been my plan to use that (he really likes it and I love it) but I like the assignments that Carrie has included as a part of the Science plans... especially the outlining and notetaking practice. That's why I was wondering if we should try it. I like the idea of having him do both Option 1 and Option 2. He is VERY into Science, and quite advanced in his knowledge but he needs the practice with outlining and the other things she schedules in that box.

What I really would like to know is how much time the IG spends with the Apologia Astronomy book. I think that book will be extremely light for him because he knows alot about astronomy already, but if they move through it fairly quickly then it may work. I do like the idea of using the book about Weather. That is one area of Science that he has never gotten consumed with, so there will probably be some new info. for him.

We have never used MOH. I tried Vol. 1 a long time ago and I didn't like it at all. But, I understand that the volume in RTR is alot different from Vol. 1.

The apologia astronomy book is scheduled and completed in the first 14 weeks so that is 1 lesson/chapter per week. I thInk some of the xperimentaight have alternate ideas in order to make it more user friendly with things that you have on hand. You could also easily us the option 2 plans for the AIG BOOK INSTEAD OF OR IN CONJUNCTION with the apologia book. This book is scheduled in the appendix of the guide.