Menu

Anyone else dealing with storms / tornados tonight?

Huge blizzard. That we drove through to get to an extremely important meeting that was cancelled and they forgot to norify me and the other scout leader. So we turned around and drove back through it. Took un hour each way to drive what is normally a 10-15 minute drive. They shut down a section of highway now *just* east of where I was and that road is NEVER closed down. The plows can't keep up and there is next to zero visability. In for the night now. 2 days ago I raked up my bare yard, dug up 1 of my gardens and pulled out the outdoor toys again. Today we are under a foot of snow and it is still coming down.

Ayup. Huge red band just to the west of us. Tornadic activity already spotted in the Hill Country. Most of Central TX is under a flash flood watch/warning, tornado watch, strong winds (including possibly straight line winds), hail alert, heavy rain/thunderstorm warnings.

However, it's hard for me to be upset because my area is *still* in the midst of a severe drought. Lake levels are still anywhere from 25' to 40' down. We need all the water we can get, though not all at one time.

Thunderstorm here with tornado and flash flood watches. The last I heard they were not really expecting tornadic activity, though. It moved through with just a bit of heavy rain and some lightning and thunder, but not near as bad as I feared. It is almost past us now.

Looks like the storm cells with the tornados have dissipated, so you're fine. I live on the SW side. Have you seen the pictures yet of the tornado that was in Divine? That's what we were taking shelter from. Check out the local channels this evening, or even The Weather Channel.

I hope the tornadoes don't re-develop (or whatever they do) between you and me. I am in the Longview area. Do you know how fast the storm is moving?

My dh is in San Antonio for business this week. Just got off the phone with him - he's dressed with shoes on just in case, weather on the tv and tracking on the iPad. I know you guys need rain - but couldn't it have waited until he was safely back home?

That's funny. Dd asked me if she could sleep w/ her shoes on. I said no. She went to bed fully dressed anyway, and took her purse w/ her too! And we've been getting lots of rain this year. Yay! :hurray: