Menu

My 40th Birthday Present

It has been a while since I have been on the boards.....very busy with work in February and also gave up the boards for Lent (it is so hard to stay away!!!!).

So a few weeks ago, I turned 40 :svengo:. I don't know how I got to 40 - it seems like I just turned 30? Anyway, a week before the big day, I got an early present - a positive pregnancy test!!!

So happy birthday to me - a total shock. Completely.

DH and I thought we were done but clearly God has another plan for our family. We spent the first 2 weeks in total shock and disbelief :001_huh:

Now how do I change my login name :tongue_smilie:?????

Yes, have seen the dr. Had a scan and so far so good. I am so nervous - and praying that everything will be ok. The dr kinda freaked me out by throwing out all the stats on risks associated with having a baby at this age. So I am a pretty freaked out right now, but trying not to stress.

We have told family - including the kids. DS10 was very excited. DD8 was NOT HAPPY at all ("don't you think I have enough siblings already?"), DS5 was indifferent and DS2 obviously has no clue.

Family was meh. No one jumps up and down when it is baby #5. They probably think we are CRAZY but are just too polite to say so.

Congratulations!

My 3rd was born six months after my 40th birthday, then my last was born just after my 43rd birthday. Both were completely normal, healthy pregnancies and trouble-free births. Both are now gorgeous, much adored little boys :001_smile:.

Cassy