Menu

Bananagrams, Appletters, Pairs to Pears????

My entire family loves Bananagrams. My dd and I play it together by ourselves and when we were visiting with family in TX, there were 9 of us playing at the same time. Fun!!!! We played for hours.

I don't know anything about the others, so no help there. Just thought I'd plug Bananagrams.

We have two of them. There is no significant difference between the Appleletters and Bananagrams. They seem to be different brands for the same game/concept. The dc like them, and it's nice to have several sets for big games with friends, or for the dc to play solitaire versions.

I think Bananagrams would be a blast with 9 people! With just me and my dd, it's boooorrring. So, how many people would you have playing these games? Some are just meant for a crowd.

Anywhere from 2-6 at a time. My DS plays monolopy by himself all the time -- he plays as several players and also the banker :-). He loves his Scrabble flash game too. His brother is into action figures so he is getting those in his basket. Wanted to put a game in DS's basket as that is his passion. He loves the Kanoodle game he got for Christmas. I was actually looking for something like that, but a little different. Didn't have any luck.

We like Zip-It. It's made by the Bananagrams people. The game has 24 dice; each player gets 12 dice and tries to make them into a crossword. It's quick and fun.

One of my kids likes to use the Bananagrams tiles to make huge crosswords. It doesn't get a lot of use as a game here, though.

We like Zip-It. It's made by the Bananagrams people. The game has 24 dice; each player gets 12 dice and tries to make them into a crossword. It's quick and fun.

I am going to look into this game! Thanks!!!

We did get LOTS of play out of our Christmas Bananagrams! But, if you are open to suggestions, we love Hue Knew even more!

I'm going to check this one out too! Thanks!!!

We're big Banangrams fans here; however, I wonder if a first grader might find the game too challenging.

Regards,

Kareni

Not for this first grader -- that is part of my problem finding things for him. This week he orally spelled (correctly) the words unique, exuberant, and conveyance (DH is an attorney :001_smile:) for fun at the dinner table.

Thanks so much for everyone's input. Now off to look at the other 2 games!

We're big Banangrams fans here; however, I wonder if a first grader might find the game too challenging.

Not for this first grader -- that is part of my problem finding things for him. This week he orally spelled (correctly) the words unique, exuberant, and conveyance (DH is an attorney :001_smile:) for fun at the dinner table.

In that case, I think it will be perfect. You might also consider Quiddler which is a fun card game.

Regards,

Kareni