Menu

Natural beauty people - I have a question

I agree with coconut oil. I don't know that I'd wash with it. It can leave quite a crazy film in the tub/shower.

Sorry, I was thinking for her face since she mentioned it is dry.

OP, you could use diluted Dr. Bronners to wash with and CO or another natural oil (jojoba, etc.) to moisturize your arms.

Don't use soap or foaming cleanser on your face at all, and "wash" the face only once a day if you can get away with it. For a purchased product, I really like the Aqua Marina cleanser from Lush: http://www.lush.ca/Aqua-Marina/9999906955,en_CA,pd.html?cgid=cleansers It doesn't foam at all.

For homemade stuff, I would try the coconut oil, but if that isn't working, try making a fine powder from raw oats in a blender, and then add one capsule of vitamin E oil and a couple drops of lemon juice or water. Use this as a gentle scrub or cleanser, and you can leave it on as a mask for 20 minutes if your skin likes it. If you do the mask, splash your face with very warm water (can mix in a couple Tbsp. of vinegar--apple cider or white--in the water... it's not drying, but rather keeps the acid balance in your skin). After skin is warm and moist, apply mixture with a light scrubbing motion and then leave on. This is my top favourite homemade beauty treatment, and I do have sensitive skin, although it is no longer dry!

Also, try taking flax oil and/or omega 3 oil internally and eat more fatty fish, and drink lots of water.

It's also important, I've found, to find the right moisturizer. I used to think rich and heavy would help my dry skin, but it didn't. Now I've stuck with a very light film of a light moisturizer, and it's working so much better. I alternate Eco Bella night serum (even in the day) with Lush Celestial or Lush Imperialis.

Edited by GingerPoppy

As well as all the great suggestions you've gotten, make sure that you drink enough water. I have read time and time again that the number one remedy for dry skin is to drink enough water throughout the day. Stay hydrated with plenty of water and moisture-rich fruits and veggies – such as cucumbers and apples.