Menu

BFSU - print or e-book?

MrsBanjoClown

I'm trying to decide whether to shell out the money for the print version of BFSU or if we will be ok with just the e-book. Has anyone used just the e-book, and if so, how was your experience? Is there an advantage to the print version? We do have an e-reader, so I wouldn't have to just read it on my laptop.

Funny you should ask - I just ordered the print version, after having tried both the pdf and the kindle e-book. This is a curriculum that you, the instructor, will be consulting a lot, and you will be flipping around in it a lot, and you will be going back and forth among threads and between the TOC and the various threads all the time - after trying to make this work both on the laptop and with the kindle, I gave up. I am really, really eager to get my print book. I love this curriculum, but it does take prep time on my part, and anything that makes it easier to implement is critical. And unless you really, really know all 4 areas of science - cold - you will be needing to refer to the manual frequently as questions come up during the activities & demos. I can't lose the thread of a great question or discussion by having to flip around in the kindle or on the laptop for the answer. I will be watching the mailbox all week . . .

Personally, I like to flip around in a book better than pressing a key multiple times to go back and forth in a document. I own and use the BFSU books. In addition, I'm notoriously bad about forgetting what I have on the computer and abysmal at remembering to print out something :tongue_smilie:

I have the print book. I prefer the print because I underline the sentences in the lesson that I need to say or teach. Before I started doing the underlining, I had been forgetting to do certain things in the lessons because it was difficult to pick out the relevant parts for teaching the lessons among all of the text. Now that I underline things, it is much easier to follow.

I generally don't like to write in books, but in this case it has helped me tremendously.

Funny you should ask - I just ordered the print version, after having tried both the pdf and the kindle e-book. This is a curriculum that you, the instructor, will be consulting a lot, and you will be flipping around in it a lot, and you will be going back and forth among threads and between the TOC and the various threads all the time - after trying to make this work both on the laptop and with the kindle, I gave up. I am really, really eager to get my print book. I love this curriculum, but it does take prep time on my part, and anything that makes it easier to implement is critical. And unless you really, really know all 4 areas of science - cold - you will be needing to refer to the manual frequently as questions come up during the activities & demos. I can't lose the thread of a great question or discussion by having to flip around in the kindle or on the laptop for the answer. I will be watching the mailbox all week . . .

:iagree:I just, just ordered the print copy an hour ago. I was spending too much time trying to make notes from the PDF and my husband told me to just buy the print book.