Menu

How to do state testing independently?

You can only do *state* testing with the charter, but if you want to do another standardized test, you can get the CAT5 from Bayside School Services, which is a complete battery (IOW, it includes history and science).

Will the charter accept other standardized tests?

I doubt it and they are very picky, they wouldn't even let me administer the Scantron. I warned the teacher she would just click to get though it and not actually read the test and she did exactly that right in front of the teacher and the teacher didn't even catch it until I pointed out she scored 3rd grade reading level with a reading speed of 900 something a min and finished all portions of the test in like 30 min flat. (sat there on the other side of the table watching her do it and waited for the teacher to notice, she never did) I was very clear they needed to let her read it, give her answer verbally and have the teacher click the answer and move on. I know my child well, she's done this before (as in every time!). The teacher had to do separate testing the way I told her to get accurate scores.

I want to the testing done but I want to make sure I get accurate results.

Will your charter allow you to test with a local proctor?

Nope. There are only 5 test sites all within an hour of each other in the state and your expected to go. You don't go to testing your dropped from the program immediately (outing out is NOT an option, tried that just to save the money, its over $100 just in gas to get to the site). (the 3-4 families I heard of last year that didn't go ALL had CPS knocking on their doors shortly after for a report of there children not being enrolled in school after the school dropped them as "truant" . I don't know all the details but thats what I was told, I know CPS knocked on my door last year when a neighbor reported my kids were not in school.

I'm confused, if the charter will only let you use one of their 5 testing sites or you'll be dropped then why are you even asking what your other options are? It seems you answered your own question.

If we don't make it I still want the testing for my own records so I needed to find out my options.

I doubt it and they are very picky, they wouldn't even let me administer the Scantron. I warned the teacher she would just click to get though it and not actually read the test and she did exactly that right in front of the teacher and the teacher didn't even catch it until I pointed out she scored 3rd grade reading level with a reading speed of 900 something a min and finished all portions of the test in like 30 min flat. (sat there on the other side of the table watching her do it and waited for the teacher to notice, she never did) I was very clear they needed to let her read it, give her answer verbally and have the teacher click the answer and move on. I know my child well, she's done this before (as in every time!). The teacher had to do separate testing the way I told her to get accurate scores.

I want to the testing done but I want to make sure I get accurate results.

Testing that way would actually not be allowed without proof of special needs. I am surprised you talked a teacher into allowing it.

Testing that way would actually not be allowed without proof of special needs. I am surprised you talked a teacher into allowing it.

She didn't allow it for the Scantron, it was the other testing that was not tied to anything that she did. I was not about to let them insist I order 3rd grade materials for a 5th grader who was just being lazy and didn't want to do it. I tried getting the accommodations for testing during her 504 meeting but the admin person refused even when the teacher verified what dd does during testing situations. She knows the material, she just hates taking tests.