Menu

It is now 5 hours since the cryoablation... (female content)

and I feel pretty good. For those of you wondering, what the heck is she talking about, find my earlier threads about this. Basically, my uterus was made into a popsicle:glare: in the hopes of alleviating pretty bad menorrhagia.

OK, so those of you considering this...read very carefully...the procedure is a piece of cake (I only had a local and no drugs to "take my mind off it"). THE FIRST HOUR AFTER THE PROCEDURE IS LIKE LABOR WITH NO HOPE OF AN EPIDURAL. If they offer you Vicodin...take it...that simple. Now I feel great!

:D

GOOD that all is going well for you! I haven't been on the boards in a few weeks, but I remember a while back when you were posting about your biopsy. I had an ablation done in December for the same reason. It's been AWESOME. For the first time in two years, I actually went on vacation and didn't have a period. I have a life back. And to top it off, I have had one few-hour period of spotting, just ONE, ever since.

I'd been encouraged here a few years ago, but I was hoping to find and treat the cause, not just find a solution. (Not to mention that I was a big fat chicken, lol.) It's been a huge relief.

I had no problems after the procedure, but I took the drugs as recommended. Dh drove me home, and I even went to a jewelry party the next day, and a potluck dinner that night.

I was surprised to have a heavy, clear discharge for about six weeks, nothing bad, just more than I'd expected.

Again, glad this has gone as well for you too!!!! I hope you have the same terrific results!!

• 2 weeks later...

and thanks for the info. My doctor has recommended an ablation, but, well, I'm a fraidy-cat. But after my last cycle I am beginning to be more afraid of bleeding to death overnight and dh being unable to wake me the next day (ok, I'm exaggerating somewhat, but I can really emphasize with the other poster who mentioned planning out-of-the-house trips around public bathroom availability!).

I will look forward to hearing more from you on this subject in about 6 weeks. Glad you are feeling good I hope you are completely recovered soon!