Menu

Old home movies...

We've been watching home video (DVD?) this week too, from 10 years ago.

I actually cannot believe 10 years have passed in such a swirl, but I also can't believe that the seeds we planted 10 years ago have grown into 4 teens and a 9 yo.

My mom said she went through a period of about 10 years when we were teenagers when she couldn't even open our baby books or look at old pictures. When we were in our 20s she was better. I feel the same way sometimes, when I look at my boys' pictures and videos. I miss my little men! But, I have hope that I will come to enjoy looking at those baby pictures as my mom now does.

Am I the only one that can't watch them? We put on a video last night and I have been depressed since. I just can't do it. It makes me so sad to see how big my babies (13, 11, 10, 7) are now and it breaks my heart.

No, you aren't alone. :grouphug: I can't even open up our family photo albums for just that reason.

Years ago my mom had a friend take all her home movies of us kids growing up and had them put on a vhs (this was the old reel to reel movies....when I was a kid, every couple of years we'd have a family movie night and watch the videos on a large screen). She gave all us kids a copy. I can't watch it. For some reason, the music with the videos makes me cry buckets. It's also hard because there's video of my dad on there with us kids when we were young (it's hard enough to see photographs....but actual video? I don't know if I can do it). I guess I should try to just get over it and pop it in sometime and let my kids see it. They'd probably love to see video of me when I was little. Oh, and I have video tapes of my kids too....and :iagree:...it is hard to watch. I'm very sentimental.

Edited by ~AprilMay~