Menu

Update on my friend situation

Hmmm.....good food for thought. I guess I don't know even know if she's going to offer, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Good news is - I don't have to see her until Tuesday :) Four day weekend!!!

Dealing with my poor DD (who was and is best buddies with her daughter) is whole different story. They are in the same preschool class.....5 days/week. I haven't quite figured out how to handle that.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry this happened. And it does make it harder if your dd is close friends with hers. :grouphug:

So will you have to see evil "friend" every day when you pick up your dd from preschool? Bummer. BUT - I'm betting she (evil friend) will feel like cr*p every time she sees you. hee hee.

I'm so sorry this happened. And it does make it harder if your dd is close friends with hers. :grouphug:

So will you have to see evil "friend" every day when you pick up your dd from preschool? Bummer. BUT - I'm betting she (evil friend) will feel like cr*p every time she sees you. hee hee.

Yeah....2x/day AND 3x on Wednesdays (drop off, pick up for our littler ones - DS, and pick up for our DDs).

Hmmm.....good food for thought. I guess I don't know even know if she's going to offer, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Dealing with my poor DD (who was and is best buddies with her daughter) is whole different story. They are in the same preschool class.....5 days/week. I haven't quite figured out how to handle that.

:grouphug::grouphug: Ugh, that is going to be tricky to navigate. I think it's best to let her know either to her face (preferable IMO) or in one of the letters mentioned in this thread that what she said was way out of line and hurtful and that you have nothing further to speak to her about. I suspect that it will cause her to go on the defensive since you said that when you encountered her she was acting like nothing happened. IME these people need to be called out otherwise they will just pretend like nothing has happened and if she's a total narcissist it is possible that she may really believe she did nothing wrong.

If she comes and acts like it's nothing you could just say something like, "The things you said to me the other day were way out of line and you hurt me very deeply. I really have nothing further I wish to say to you." You hold her accountable for what she said to you and don't lose your grace in the process and she'll probably do the avoiding after that and you won't even have that responsibility.

I do hope things work out for you. I would have a hard time seeing that woman every day too. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

with a smile and a wave as you walk on by.... from a distance....

and perhaps with play dates, where you offer to pick up both kids from preschool and take them home to your house for lunch and a playtime?

and maybe go early to pick up your dd, and look at the others picking up kids, and speak to them as they arrive. who knows but there might be a friend lurking there unbeknownst to you, who you haven't "seen" because you've been chatting with your, hmmm, "friend". after a couple of weeks of chatting daily, maybe you can suggest you do something fun together for st. patrick's day?

:grouphug:

ann