Menu

Favorite Zumba DVDs?

My dr wants me to get more aerobic exercise and I can't afford a gym membership, so the next best thing is to find a class at a church or rec center or just buy a dvd and do it at home (preferred!).

There seems to be a lot of choices out there. Does anyone have a favorite you could recommend? I'm also interested in strength training dvds as well.

Thanks!

I guess we are the only ones!

With all the discussion of weight loss on the board I guess I assumed there would be a lot of people using exercise dvds.

I do lots of fitness DVD. I do several of the Beachbody.com programs and mix in some yoga/pilates stuff.

I just don't do Zumba. I didn't know you could by individual Zumba Dvd. I though you had to buy the program set. I know you can by individual Latin dance dvd.

Good luck finding a workout that you enjoy!

Anybody familiar with the Wii Zumba?

Yes, my dh bought me Zumba 1 & 2 for Christmas. I like them they are fun. I also highly recommend "Exerbeat" It was recommended on the boards a few months ago when it was on sale for $20. It has a game component in addition to the exercises. It keeps it fun and interesting. I am motivated to keep exercising to get my mii to the next check point. It also keeps track of minutes and calories burned at each session. It also has a nice variety of exercises. If you get bored with "Latin dancing" you can switch to boxercising or even karate.

Anybody familiar with the Wii Zumba?

We have Zumba 2 for the Wii. I really like it. I tell you, you will work up a sweat quick with this one!:)

I aim to do it three times a week and choose the mid-length class option, which lasts about 45 minutes. You can input your height and weight and it will tell you how many calories you burned during the workout. There is also a short class (I think it's about 20 min.) and a long class (about 70 min.--I did it once...:tongue_smilie:.) And you can also choose single songs. There are a few suggestive lyrics in some of the songs, as well as some dance moves which are somewhat suggestive as well, but, hey, I am in the privacy of my home, so I don't let it bother me. I am happy with my Zumba 2 for the Wii.:D