Menu

Vegans, how do you keep your teeth healthy?

are you sure your teeth don't hurt due to sinus pain? Generally, cavities are discovered long before they become painful. And, after watching my dentist watch a spot on my son's tooth for 6 years I think it takes a while for a cavity to develop. Certainly a lot longer than 2.5 months.

Dental carries are caused by bacteria. There are things we can do to create healthy bacterial growth. Cut down on sticky foods, like crackers, to give less food to the bacteria that cause cavities.

I have a lot of sinus pain and I often feel like my teeth ache.

I'm vegan and have no teeth issues. As a matter of fact, I have a fear of the dentist so I hadn't gone to one in at least 5 years and after giving me my exam both the hygienist and the dentist said they were amazed at how nice my teeth were after having not been to the dentist in so long. :D

And on a side note, I have a funny story about my teeth. A few years ago I was getting my car repaired. The repair shop has a little diner connected to it so I went and had something to drink while waiting for my car. This woman came up to me and asked if I could give her directions somewhere. I did and then out of no where she said, "You have nice teeth." :001_huh: It was definitely odd, but I do get complimented on them all the time. :001_smile: