Menu

How do you use Google calendar?

LNC

My kids each have their own calendar. My husband has at least four different calendars. I have a couple of calendars. I layer them all together on my master calendar. I also use the task list feature. I love it!

Same here. Although I haven't tried the task list feature, yet. I have a to do app on my iPod that I use for that right now, so I hate to mess with something that's working. Although it would be nice to have everything in one place where I can access it online if I have to.

I also have our church calendar, youth group calendar, and some other external calendars displayed on my Google account as well.

I used to have each family member a different color calendar. I could see it all on my desktop and laptop, but they didn't show up on my phone. Only the all day appts. show up on my android phone. What am I doing wrong?

I have to dos and meal plans on Evernote - which is on all pcs, laptops, and phones as well. So, I guess I'm just looking at daily schedules combined with all appts. for Google calendar...

Here's what I have done. I have calendars for: Daily Appointments/Important Events; Morning Routines; Nighttime Routines; and Motivated Moms-style chores. I created a private blog on Blogger and made it my home page on both my Mac laptop and my Android phone browsers.

I embedded my Daily Appointments/Important Events in a month-at-a-glance format at the top of the blog space, so it's the first thing I see when I click into my blog.

I embedded the other three calendars in the task-format (basically a long to-do list) in a sidebar down the right-hand side of the blog, so I just have to scroll down a bit to see it.

I use the writing space of the blog to journal, make grocery lists, make to do lists, jot down notes to myself about all sorts of things, link recipes, etc.

This whole setup works perfectly for me, and I love that I can do everything I need to on my phone as well.

I used to have each family member a different color calendar. I could see it all on my desktop and laptop, but they didn't show up on my phone. Only the all day appts. show up on my android phone. What am I doing wrong?

Is the CalenGoo app available on Android? That's what I use on my iPod, and my calendar looks exactly the same on my iPod as on the computer (just smaller). If I tried to link my Google calendar to the calendar app that came with the iPod, I couldn't view everything.

ETA: CalenGoo is a bit pricey for an app (about $7, I think), but I have found it to be worth every penny.

Are you sure that you have all the calendars enabled on your phone? On my Android phone, while in the calendar app, I can click on Menu, then on More, then on Calendars and see a checklist of all my individual calendars. I can check the ones I want to show and those I don't. In my Calendar app, I only want to see my most important things (appts, critical tasks, etc.), so I only have that calendar checked to show in the app. You might mess around with that a bit. Also, when I first got my phone, Calendar was already on it, but I had a problem with the phone app syncing with the changes I made via the Internet. I think I removed it and then reinstalled it, and I haven't had problems since.

HTH!

My kids each have their own calendar. My husband has at least four different calendars. I have a couple of calendars. I layer them all together on my master calendar. I also use the task list feature. I love it!

We do the same thing. I love having everyone's calendars available on my iPad and on everyone else's devices.

I have all of our homeschool stuff on the calendar as well as things like Morning Routine, music practice, etc. We also have our family vacations, nights out, and other events.

I have the "public" (shared with dh, dm, dc, etc.) one that I just use for appointments and activities, the assorted special ones that I share with other groups (Robotics one for website, Cub Scout one, etc.) And then I have my main default one, which is my schedule, where I put in daily home and schooling activities. I keep them all visible on my phone and my laptop.

I am always a tad bit concerned I'm going to do something like post my mammogram on the Cub Scout calendar. :lol: And my mother keeps tabs a bit too closely sometimes, but it does save a lot of headaches having everyone on the same page. :D

Right now I have separate calendars set up for everyone (except my young dc- they will get their own when they are older! hahaha!)

There are two calenders per adult - working and school (since both DH and I are in school). Everything has a different color. And then we have one "family" calendar where I put "everything else" I love being able to put details (like phone numbers and addresses) and then have it accessible from the computer and my phone!

Sometimes, technology is awesome. :D

I have used Google calendar.

I'm trying to swicth to Cozi from Flylady.

but I also put library book due dates,

the dog's heart worm med date

recycle /trash reminder

I also made a seperate one for myself.

I call it my check off calendar. I printed it and did it for personal accountablity.

it listed Bible Study, Water, Vitamins, weight, exercise.

I have used Google calendar.

I'm trying to swicth to Cozi from Flylady.

How is that going? I tried to do this, too, but their calendar (for my needs) just had too many fewer features and the layout wasn't conducive to how I needed to use it. I tried Famundo which worked better (again, for my specific needs), but it wasn't as fast and was missing a couple of features that I realized I really liked. I went back to Google.

How is that going? I tried to do this, too, but their calendar (for my needs) just had too many fewer features and the layout wasn't conducive to how I needed to use it. I tried Famundo which worked better (again, for my specific needs), but it wasn't as fast and was missing a couple of features that I realized I really liked. I went back to Google.

UMMM can I plead the 5th, but I'm not using google either.

I like Cozi cause I could go to my son;'s swim team calendar and put it in too.

I do need to get better with it and getting a calendar set up good for me