Menu

Excellent Article w/ Quotes About Education

I thought most of them were dumb, elitist, and over simplify the enormous complexity of public education.

But, I did like this one...

Anne Sullivan (I bow to her.)

• I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think.

I thought most of them were dumb, elitist, and over simplify the enormous complexity of public education.

But, I did like this one...

Anne Sullivan (I bow to her.)

• I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built up on the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think.

I liked a lot of them.

The rest of that Anne Sullivan one (I'd found it elsewhere a long time ago) was:

I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built upon the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must taught to think. Whereas if the child is left to himself, he will think more and better, if less slowly. Let him come and go freely, let him touch real things and combine his impressions for himself, instead of sitting indoors at a little round table while a sweet-voiced teacher suggest that he build a stone wall with his wooden blocks, or make a rainbow out of strips of colored paper, or plant straw trees in flower pots. Such teaching fills the mind with artificial associations that must be got rid of before the child can develop independent ideas out of actual experiences.

Anne Sullivan

I love this Dolly Parton one: :lol:

I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids.

I read this to my son and he laughed. He went to PS for K and first grades and he yells "BOOOOOOOOOO!" whenever he sees a school bus. He told me once that he does it because school buses "take poor little kids to school".