Menu

Looking for honest (but gentle) feedback on my blog

I started my blog about 6 months ago and I have to admit that I really enjoy having it and sharing it.

I am still fairly new to blogging and would like to make it better. I am still playing around with the main title and picture and can't seem to get it centered. I would love to have multiple pictures across the top but can't seem to figure that out either.

Do you have any positive feedback you can share with me so that I might be able to improve the blog? Do you like the name? My kids think it's dorky:001_huh:. Should I change it? I like it because it is the one part of the day that is always the same for us. I can always count on our morning hugs and our goodnight kisses. I also think it has something to do with homeschooling as I want my relationship to stay strong as my girls grow into their teens. It's the little moments of the day that we remember and treasure the most. :001_smile:

Thanks in advance! :tongue_smilie:

www.morninghugsandgoodnightkisses.blogspot.com

Edited by fourcatmom

I took a look and I think you're doing a great job so far! I like the natural colors you use for a background, and I always enjoy blogs with lots of clear, relevant photos. You're not too wordy and that's good, too. While very in depth posts have their place, I don't always have the time to linger. Your sidebars aren't too busy either. I think that playing around a bit will help you see any changes you want to make over time. As far as the name, it has a great meaning for you, and that's what counts!

I will start with the disclaimer that I am not an expert on blogs ( I don't even have one). I have to say that I really like the name. I think it is very clever. I also like that you have a lot of pictures on your blog. Pictures always seem to make blogs more enjoyable to read because you can SEE what the person is talking about not just READ about it. Your blog looks great ! :D Sorry that probaly wasn't very helpful.

I like your name. I think it's very cute and does say something nice about maintaining relationships. I do think a different font for your posts would make them easier to read.

If you look at my blog - I have a header with multiple pictures surrounding the title. In order to do this I put it together as one jpg file which can be done using Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint or a few other programs. After bringing the pictures I wanted into a new document and arranging them the way I liked with the text (a text box), do a Save As and choose the jpeg option.

Then in blogger - Go to the design screen and choose Layout. Click to edit the header. Browse and find your jpg file on your computer and download it. At the bottom of the screen, check the box that says "instead of title and description".

Where your title falls depends on which template you are using but can be played around with a bit.

I will start with the disclaimer that I am not an expert on blogs ( I don't even have one). I have to say that I really like the name. I think it is very clever. I also like that you have a lot of pictures on your blog. Pictures always seem to make blogs more enjoyable to read because you can SEE what the person is talking about not just READ about it. Your blog looks great ! :D Sorry that probaly wasn't very helpful.

That's okay. I am looking for any feedback even if you are just looking at it. That still counts! Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

I don't know what size monitor you have but most people have larger ones now. If you want, you could go in and widen your template. That would make it so you can enlarge your photos and your font in the posts. That's what I see a lot of now. Wider templates and big pictures. You've done a great job so far!

I like your name. I think it's very cute and does say something nice about maintaining relationships. I do think a different font for your posts would make them easier to read.

If you look at my blog - I have a header with multiple pictures surrounding the title. In order to do this I put it together as one jpg file which can be done using Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint or a few other programs. After bringing the pictures I wanted into a new document and arranging them the way I liked with the text (a text box), do a Save As and choose the jpeg option.

Then in blogger - Go to the design screen and choose Layout. Click to edit the header. Browse and find your jpg file on your computer and download it. At the bottom of the screen, check the box that says "instead of title and description".

Where your title falls depends on which template you are using but can be played around with a bit.

I will try that this afternoon. I bet my 9 yo knows exactly how to do this.:tongue_smilie: Good idea about the font. Thanks.

Your blog is extremely "tall". The title and main photo make the start of the content fall below the edge of my screen when it first comes up. Also, after scrolling down just a tad, each article is exremely vertically laid out again ("tall") and the space on both sides is completely wasted. I'd work on more efficient use of space.