Menu

Did anyone else have a hard time getting through The Historian?

I like the story and I really want to know what happens but I don't much care for the writer's style and it seems like it is moving so slowly. I am about halfway through and trying to decide if it is worth my time or if I should just move on. Does it ever pick up? Is the ending worth the effort? Right now, I am just looking for a page turner, something I can lose myself in. A beach read not something I have to force myself to pick up.

Yeah, I think I am just going to move on to the next one on my list. My list so incredibly long as it is. I don't usually read fiction but I have really needed to get lost in a books lately and I really enjoyed The Hunger Games and The Giver. I think I may cull my Stephen King shelf. I have all of his books and I haven't read at least the last ten. I am also open to suggestions.

I had a hard time getting through it. The constant slamming doors and random screams felt like an author attempting to create a scary mood, unsuccessfully. I don't know if you've read the Game of Thrones series, but the first three books are good. The last two are meh. If you haven't read all of Stephen King's The Gunslinger series, I recommend that as well. The last scene in the last novel was fantastic.