Menu

Nashville people - visiting Belmont University - where to stay

Ds and I are going to do a college visit at Belmont in Nashville. Mostly I am wondering how difficult traffic will be at 8:00 in the morning trying to get from the Brentwood area to Belmont University. I know there are hotels closer, but I don't really want to be in the middle of downtown (midtown???). It's more expensive, and I am unsure about parking as well. There are some nice-looking Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites in the Brentwood area, but I have no idea what the traffic is like there.

Any and all help about where to stay, how to get around, where to eat would be grealty appreciated.

Oh goodness that would not be a fun drive. You should really try to stay closer to campus. As for eating, Rotiers is a must!

Very good to know. Can you suggest a hotel that is closer to campus, in a safe area, but not too horribly expensive???

I really didn't know, which was why I came here! :D

Oh goodness that would not be a fun drive. You should really try to stay closer to campus. As for eating, Rotiers is a must!

:iagree::iagree::iagree: Oh, Rotiers, how I miss thee. There is a nice Holiday Inn Express right there, too. It's next to Vanderbilt (and across from the Parthenon) on West End.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: Oh, Rotiers, how I miss thee. There is a nice Holiday Inn Express right there, too. It's next to Vanderbilt (and across from the Parthenon) on West End.

I'd recommend this area too. And make time to see the Parthenon!!! You won't be far from McKays, an awesome used bookstore, either!

There's a Hampton in the area that's nice and right next to Centennial Park where you will find the neato Parthenon. I recommend staying in the area instead of Brentwood. Eat breakfast at The Pancake Pantry, eat lunch at Fido, have coffee at Bongo Java across the street from Belmont, wave at me as I run by...that's where I run! That Holiday Inn Express is a good location, too. The area is very safe. Other restaurants I love in walking distance: Maffiaozza's, Bosco's (nice brew pub if you are into that). PM is a Thai fusion place owned by a guy who was on Top Chef and it is right across the street from Belmont. Fantastic food. His mom owns the International Grocery across the street! Also awesome food there! Enjoy Nashville!

There's a Hampton in the area that's nice and right next to Centennial Park where you will find the neato Parthenon. I recommend staying in the area instead of Brentwood. Eat breakfast at The Pancake Pantry, eat lunch at Fido, have coffee at Bongo Java across the street from Belmont, wave at me as I run by...that's where I run! That Holiday Inn Express is a good location, too. The area is very safe. Other restaurants I love in walking distance: Maffiaozza's, Bosco's (nice brew pub if you are into that). PM is a Thai fusion place owned by a guy who was on Top Chef and it is right across the street from Belmont. Fantastic food. His mom owns the International Grocery across the street! Also awesome food there! Enjoy Nashville!

Thanks so much!

I am seeing TWO Hampton Inns that are very close to each other. One is "Elliston Place" and is behind West End, the other appears to be right on West End. Which one do you mean?? I probably should study the map more. Will it be easy to park? That's my biggest fear. Can I walk to the restaurants from either of these? I know we will have to drive to Belmont - I'm not afraid of parking there. I don't mean I'm afraid to park as in literal fear. I don't want to have to parallel park on a busy street!! :lol:

Most of the restaurants were by Belmont, except for Rotiers (which is across Elliston Pl from the one hotel). As for which one to stay at, I'd call and find out if there is any price difference.

Thanks!

So, either location would have easy parking??? Are there restaurants we can walk to from either hotel?

I am very excited about our trip, but dh can't get off work and go with us, and I am not used to be the driver/navigator - I can't find my way out of a paper bag! I don't want to get lost or have to park somewhere challenging!

Parking shouldn't be a big problem anywhere except Pancake Pantry. If you want an easy parking place there, you have show up by about 6 a.m. Actually, you have to be there by then if you don't want to wait in line. If you do go for breakfast though, make sure you order a half-order of pancakes unless you are ridiculously hungry.

Ds and I are going to do a college visit at Belmont in Nashville. Mostly I am wondering how difficult traffic will be at 8:00 in the morning trying to get from the Brentwood area to Belmont University. I know there are hotels closer, but I don't really want to be in the middle of downtown (midtown???). It's more expensive, and I am unsure about parking as well. There are some nice-looking Hampton Inns and Homewood Suites in the Brentwood area, but I have no idea what the traffic is like there.

Any and all help about where to stay, how to get around, where to eat would be grealty appreciated.

I used to drive that way most mornings to work. From the Maryland Farms area of Brentwood (which is probably where you're looking), I took Granny White Pike to Belmont Blvd and it really wasn't too bad. And kind of a pretty drive. Franklin Road might work, too. We're not talking Long Island Expressway bad traffic - might take an extra 10 minutes or so. Personally, I'd much rather drive a few more minutes and stay in Brentwood than Downtown Nashville - I don't like driving in the city unless I have to.

The Pancake Pantry near 21st and Wedgewood (.5 mile from Belmont) is a Nashville Landmark. Belmont is close to the Vanderbilt University / Hospital, so there are several places to eat - you might ask the folks at Belmont - they'll have some good suggestions for you. In Maryland Farms you'll find everything from McDonalds to Mexican, bagel shop, pizza, deli, vegetarian, coffee shop, Publix, etc.

Enjoy your stay!

Have fun! I think you would be okay at either Hampton's or that Holiday Inn Express. The Elliston Place one might be a tad closer, but not much.

I would definitely try to go to Pancake Pantry and McKays (I love them both), and you would be really close to the Parthenon. Have fun!

PM is a Thai fusion place owned by a guy who was on Top Chef and it is right across the street from Belmont. Fantastic food. His mom owns the International Grocery across the street! Also awesome food there! Enjoy Nashville!

I'm going to have to check this place out... We're about 45 minutes from most of Nashville, and love coming in for dinner/shopping!