Menu

Do they sell an OTC muscle relaxer?

I think a LOT of my neck & back pain is due to muscle tightness (aka = stress). Going to the chiro helped for a while but I can't do that forever ($$). Besides using my massage mat thing at home - is there ANYTHING that they sell OTC as a muscle relaxer? (natural or not) I can't take it anymore. I have a constant tension headache and my back is so achey. I guess I could just keep taking ibuprofen - maybe that's just as good a remedy.

:sad:

thanks!

3 thoughts: Magnesium, Homeopathic Arnica, T-Tapp

Magnesium relieves cramps and stress. Natural Calm is a good brand, easily found in Health Food Stores specifically Whole Foods but cheaper at Vitacost(online). I am on a special diet so I take it to make sure I get enough.

Homeopathic Arnica should help, but you might need a different remedy. You can find 6c or 30c pellets in Whole Foods or even Vitamin Shoppe or other HFSs. You can also find it in gel form but I have found the pellets in water work the best.

Take 1 pellet, put it in an 8 oz. bottle of Spring Water. Add a 1/4 tsp of vodka to keep the remedy water bottle from getting funky (unless you are opposed to any form of alcohol).

Once the pellet dissolves, take 1 tsp of this solution. If it helps and then you get worse take it again but usually not sooner than 2 hours. If it does not help take it again after succussing the bottle (banging it on your hand or a soft surface 8 times). do this for a maximum of 3 times. If it does not help after 3 times it's the wrong remedy or too small a dose.

http://www.drluc.com/lecture-three.html

Treatment for Acute diseases

The potency choice for acute diseases (less than 3-4 months old) is simple: use at least a potency from 30C upwards to 200C and 1,000C. Always use the watery method by putting two pellets of your chosen remedy and potency in an 8 oz bottle (Remedy Solution Bottle or RSB), stir well and take one tsp directly from the RSB. Do not repeat earlier than two hours after first dose. When you see a similar aggravation in the first hour (in other words an aggravation of your symptoms during the first hour) this first dose will cure and no further dose will be needed (A157-A158). If symptoms are not entirely gone after two hours, you can repeat the same procedure every two hours after succussing each successive dose (hitting RSB against your palm) 8 times.

Note: We are talking here about the 1001 acute daily diseases that can occur from colds, to lower back pains, to ear infections, etc. We are not talking here about URGENT medical care (requires ER visit) like suicidal tendencies, coma, head trauma with bleeding, seizures, heart attack, etc.

Lots more homeopathy information/articles from Dr. Luc here

The primary back stretch part of T-Tapp, plus T-tapping overall can do wonders for back and neck pain. It has for me. I haven't t-tapped in awhile (and really need to) but I still do the primary back stretch. when I was T-Tapping regularly from May to November last year I only went to the chiropractor once and that was because I slipped down the stairs(on a Magic Treehouse book) and banged up both ankles and my back. My hurt ankles made my back worse! I used Arnica that day and T-tapped but was still in some pain although the Arnica greatly relieves it. I went to the chiropractor the next day as soon as she opened but the T-Tapped helped me to not need the chiropractor anymore.

Try a form of the amino acid GABA...you can get it at any vitamin store. This isn't a pain reliever per se, but it is a natural amino acid that reduces stress significantly, thus reducing tense muscles and back pain (I get both). Helps me sleep great, too!

If this works for you or you are really interested in natural, stress reduction vitamins, try reading the book "The Mood Cure." It was highly recommended on the board for me when I mentioned my stress levels and PMDD. I tried their vitamin program for stress reduction as well as PMDD symptoms, and I am like a new woman. I saw a difference after only 1 day, but it really got better about a week or two into the program as I got all the amino acids levels tweaked correctly.

Yes. I've used something called Robaxil (I think that's what it was called) before when I threw out my back. I hope you get some relief!

Robaxacil or Robaxacet? I don't think that's available here in the US. I wish it were, though. Good stuff for neck and back pain.

in EACH tablet it has

acetaminophen 325 mg (pain reliever/fever reducer) and

phenyltoloxamine citrate 30 mg (adjuvant).

Don't really know HOW it works....just that it DOES!! It puts me to sleep also! I have found that when I have pulled a muscle in my back and take 2 at bedtime, I sleep better and the muscles in my back relax much better than if I take ibuprofen. Aleve makes me jittery.

I have taken it before during the day for a severely pulled muscle and as long as I eat something small (piece of cheese or peanut butter on a graham cracker) then it doesn't make me sleepy.