Menu

anybody else starting to think about....

I'm trying not to. I had just finished my starting dates and garden map when we got a call about a potential move. As it was, gardening was going to be tough with a baby coming at the end of July. We were supposed to know more three weeks ago, but this company moves slowly.

So I'm pretending that I don't have a garden sitting out there. I'm pretending that I don't have all my lights turned off and my trays empty upstairs. It's still early to start most stuff here, but I'm not going to do it unless we find out we are definitely staying. I have a couple varieties I need to grow out for seed because they are getting hard to find. I don't want to risk losing them completely, so they will stay in the freezer. :glare:

gardening? When we came home from our annual Christmas vacation, my mailbox was full of grarden/seed catalogs....and I usually set them aside for a while...but I picked them up yesterday...and now my mind has been thinking about what to plant this spring. Anybody else??

Me! Me! Me!

We're going to do an actual garden this year and I'm thrilled! I need to be realistic with it though. I have to start small. I still have a rather large flower garden to tend to as well.

We've done a container garden in the past and that was a HUGE money hole. We didn't get much produce and our poor plants all died due to the heat here in the south.

We're going to do an inground garden this year and I'm starting to consider what I need to order and what I have left from saving seeds.

:) I'm also debating on whether to do a Dwarf Apple Tree this year or wait.

Well looks like we're not going to be tilling any ground this year. We're going to try out SFG first.

I'm thrilled. I have the plans drawn out, all the veggies listed that we want to grow. Following the companion plant guides and so far I'm getting super excited!!

I need to purchase some seeds and some plants. I have to get some materials for mixing my own "soil" mixture. Looks like I have a couple more weeks of planning and prepping beds and then before I know it it'll all be a reality! :D

Yes! I have determined to NOT plant too many tomato plants this year. ;)

My girls all want to grow roses, so we're trying to find a decent place in the yard.

The kids also want to try another sunflower garden, although we'll have to come up with something different than what we did last year which was a mild flop.

Late Feb./early March I'll plant some lettuce and maybe snow peas.

Need to go rake the garden around - get the compost stuff composting.

Me! A new garden and a wet spring resulted in a late and disappointing gardening season last year. This year I should be able to start planting in the greenhouse in March and have the main garden fully planted by May.

I didn't get any fall bulbs in so I'll be planting lots of self seeding annuals in my flower beds. We did get in about 20 fruit trees so I'll be attempting to prune them soon.

I'm so sick of winter. Bring on the greenery!