Menu

Creative writing curriculum?

Whereneverever

Bravewriter stuff - there's The Writer's Jungle. They also have online classes, which we plan to take at some point soon. You can also buy The Arrow lessons, which are more grammar-ish lessons, etc. but which are wonderful for teaching in that area.

We recently got http://www.amazon.com/Story-Starters-Helping-Children-Written/dp/188920904X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327629178&sr=8-1 - and it seems pretty nice. My daughter wrote a cute story from one of the pictures already.

Unjournaling gets pretty good reviews. We plan to buy a copy soon:

http://www.amazon.com/Unjournaling-Cheryl-Miller-Thurston/dp/1877673706/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327629212&sr=1-1

Moving Beyond the Page has language arts programs starting at 3rd grade on up. It doesn't focus on just writing but writing is a big component of each of the LA.

The 7-9 level has 12 different concepts for that level. I have only used the first one and will be starting the second one next week or so.

I like that it has writing and projects to help my children to "think" about what they are reading.

I think it is a nice program to toss in for a couple of weeks. Especially if there is a book that you like. It isn't necessary to buy the whole package, just the Language Arts parent book and of course the book.

I really like the program for the other stuff too, but was really impressed with the way the books were discussed and used.