Menu

MEP ????

kristinannie

For a child who is just finishing Singapore 2a, would you all recommend starting with MEP Y1 or Y2? I haven't decided whether to switch or just add MEP to what we are doing.

I think you'd want to start with Y2 and just proceed carefully. There will be things that are clearly review for you, but at least read through the lesson plans and try to get a sense of where things are going before you decide to skip ahead. MEP has a habit of dropping small lessons into the lesson plans way in advance of when they will be used in the practice pages.

can u share the name of the MEP app for the iPad? I'm a MEP newbie fanatic and even more thrilled with it that there's an app to go with!

thx so much!

There's an app? I think what people are using is an app such as Notability and having kids use a stylus (or their finger) to write out the answers.

I print the student pages, but we do the rest on the iPad.

:iagree:Yep, we do that, too. I just started using reception with my 4 year old. I think we could move a little faster, but not interested in pushing her. She LOVES it. She asks for more every day. In my book, that feels like a keeper!

There's an app? I think what people are using is an app such as Notability and having kids use a stylus (or their finger) to write out the answers.

There is also some interactive online material

Interactive Year 3 Pages Complete and Year 4 Started (16th January 2009)

Interactive online versions of all the Year 3 Practice Book pages are now available. The Year 4 resources are now being developed and, at present, the first 80 pages have been made interactive, with more to follow.

The Year 3 pages can be accessed at http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mepres/primary/y3int/

The Year 4 pages can be accessed at http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/projects/mepres/primary/y4int/