Menu

Good Thoughts, Fingers Crossed, Positive Science Vibes, PLS: DD12 is going to her...

first Science Fair. She is participating in a Classical Conversations Science Fair for CC Challenge students today.

She has been diligent about her experiment which she has been working on since the beginning of December.

Here's a funny about her experiment:

DD12's Science Fair Project: Will Microwaved Water Kill Exotic Angel Plants? Conclusion: Yes it will. DD12 to me at 0:dark:30 this morning as she is putting the finishing touches on her presentation board: 'Did you do THIS experiment when you were a kid?' ME: 'No, we didn't have microwave ovens when I was a kid.' DD12: 'You're joking right?!' ME: :svengo:

Fingers crossed here that she has such a great time that I will have yet another daughter totally in love with science.

TIA!

Edited by MariannNOVA

You got it!

Good luck to her!

Thank you! Thank you!

Here's a funny about her experiment:

DD12's Science Fair Project: Will Microwaved Water Kill Exotic Angel Plants? Conclusion: Yes it will. DD12 to me at 0:dark:30 this morning as she is putting the finishing touches on her presentation board: 'Did you do THIS experiment when you were a kid?' ME: 'No, we didn't have microwave ovens when I was a kid.' DD12: 'You're joking right?!' ME: :svengo:

:lol:

We discovered that distilled water brings plants back to life.

Or at least, perks 'em up.

I started dumping the water from warming up Boo's bottles into a 'money tree' SpecialMama gave me several years ago.

Now, the fact that the tree has survived at all is a miracle. I usually kill plants within 2 wks.

Since the distilled water, there are no more brown leaves, I think it's even got new shoots on it...

Told Wolf, next step...bigger pot (again) and plant food. :tongue_smilie:

I can raise kids, but plants defeat me :lol:

:lol:

We discovered that distilled water brings plants back to life.

Or at least, perks 'em up.

I started dumping the water from warming up Boo's bottles into a 'money tree' SpecialMama gave me several years ago.

Now, the fact that the tree has survived at all is a miracle. I usually kill plants within 2 wks.

Since the distilled water, there are no more brown leaves, I think it's even got new shoots on it...

Told Wolf, next step...bigger pot (again) and plant food. :tongue_smilie:

I can raise kids, but plants defeat me :lol:

Same here -- one of my cousins and I joke that we are the original Black Thumbs!

DD12 is going to continue the experiment - she has a follow up plan all in place as far as taking the healthy plants and now watering them with microwaved water -- the distilled water idea is fascinating -- we will have to figure out a way to work that in.

Same here -- one of my cousins and I joke that we are the original Black Thumbs!

DD12 is going to continue the experiment - she has a follow up plan all in place as far as taking the healthy plants and now watering them with microwaved water -- the distilled water idea is fascinating -- we will have to figure out a way to work that in.

I come by plant homicide honestly.

My mother could kill silk arrangements. No lie.

I didn't do it w/any experiment in mind (bad hs Mommy! BAD!) just decided not to waste the water since it was already in a container.

Even Wolf's commented on the plant doing better! :lol: