Menu

How big is your 8 year old???

I know it's been asked before.

I keep thinking DS7 (will be 8 in 2 weeks) is going to hit a growth spurt, but he hasn't. I'm not worried or anything. I'm just curious. :) He's been pretty much the same size for 2 years.

Height: 48"

Weight: 48 lb.

Shoe size: 13

as compared to DS6 (who just turned 6 in November)...

Height: 46"

Weight: 49 lb.

Shoe size: 12

Funny how genetics works, isn't it? :)

Wow! My dd has the same exact measurements as your son (shoe size too) and she will be 8 in early February! Many people comment about how small she is. I think she's normal. She wears 7/8 clothing and is very healthy. When I was growing up, K-3rd graders were skinny pip squeaks, nowadays I've come across giant kids who are almost as big as a small adult and they're only 7-10 years old. :001_huh:

DS7 (8 in July) weighs 50 lbs (occasionally 49) and I believe is right about 48-49" tall. Shoe size 13 - he was just under 7lbs at birth but until 3.5 was in the 90+% since then he's dropped to 50-75%.

He wears 7 slim in jeans and I have to make them just about as tight as they will go. I had to laugh as I bought him an XS swim suit the other day and it still has to be tightened super tight!

DD6 (7 in September) weighs about 46 lbs I think and is about 46" - she's always been 'square' it seems. Shoe size 11.5-12 - she was 3 lbs at birth and caught up fast!!

Wow! My dd has the same exact measurements as your son (shoe size too) and she will be 8 in early February! Many people comment about how small she is. I think she's normal. She wears 7/8 clothing and is very healthy. When I was growing up, K-3rd graders were skinny pip squeaks, nowadays I've come across giant kids who are almost as big as a small adult and they're only 7-10 years old. :001_huh:

My grandmother was adult-sized at 8. You probably didn't notice the bigger kids when you were young. My dh is a very large man (height and size) and our dc reflect that. My dc have been big since birth. At one point, they were all *off* the chart for height. My 3yo, though, is a skinny little pipsqueak (he is so tiny he can't keep his pants up.) My 10yo is 5'1", but weighs 87 pounds.

I have some tall skinny ones and some not-quite-as-tall linebackers.:lol: