Menu

Do your kids participate in your blog?

Sorry I have so many questions tonight....

My 9 yo loves the computer (another post tonight) and she really wants to be involved in my homeschool blog. Since the blog is about her and it encourages writing, I am not really opposed to it. The question is, how and in what way to have her involved.

There was thread last week where someone posted about their blog and they had a post called Freaky Friday (sorry I don't remember the blog name) where her dd was able to switch places with her and write for the blog. I thought it was a great idea.

Are your kids involved in your blog? How do they participate?

Thanks! :001_smile:

That was my blog!

On Friday, I swap places with my dd8 and dd4. They narrate and I type whatever they say. No editing on my part, eventhough I'd love to some times :001_smile:

Next year, when dd8 begins to learn typing/keyboarding, then she will be typing her own blog posts.

I told both of them they can talk about whatever they want to, something fun we did that week, something from a kid's perspective, etc. It's their day, so they get to do the post. I do use a writing prompt if they seem to be stuck, but I've only had to do that once so far.

Edited by pw23kids

That was my blog!

On Friday, I swap places with my dd8 and dd4. They narrate and I type whatever they say. No editing on my part, eventhough I'd love to some times :001_smile:

Next year, when dd8 begins to learn typing/keyboarding, then she will be typing her own blog posts.

I told both of them they can talk about whatever they want to, something fun we did that week, something from a kid's perspective, etc. It's their day, so they get to do the post. I do use a writing prompt if they seem to be stuck, but I've only had to do that once so far.

Oh, great. Thanks for responding. Now, I can bookmark your blog so I have it handy. Great idea and thanks for sharing it.

Now, I have to come up with a great name too! :lol:

I have a family blog and my kids like to read it but that's it. I've had it for a really long time so they get to go back to when they were toddlers and read stories and see pictures of themselves. It's almost like a digital memory book. :) But no, they don't write or post anything.