Menu

why isn't my history showing Up?

Did you end up going into private browsing without knowing? Are you sure no one has access to your computer and may have wiped out your history?

I saw your post earlier, but for some reason, I thought it had to do with your history here at the boards. My only thought was, weird, I didn't know we could do THAT, and I moved on!

Where do you find the private browsing stuff. How do I know if I clicked that. I've checked my security tools and such and it isn't saying to delete history or anything. I'm positive that no one has access to this computer. I got it for Christmas. The kids know not to touch it. I have a password to get on that I don't have written down and haven't told anyone. (Besides, they have 2 other computers to work on and I don't think they would have any interest in mine.) I've deleted temporary internet files a couple of times since I have gotten it and just did it again, so I don't see how those could be full. Right now it doesn't even shoe I'm here. Weird.

Where do you find the private browsing stuff. How do I know if I clicked that. I've checked my security tools and such and it isn't saying to delete history or anything. I'm positive that no one has access to this computer. I got it for Christmas. The kids know not to touch it. I have a password to get on that I don't have written down and haven't told anyone. (Besides, they have 2 other computers to work on and I don't think they would have any interest in mine.) I've deleted temporary internet files a couple of times since I have gotten it and just did it again, so I don't see how those could be full. Right now it doesn't even shoe I'm here. Weird.

What browser are you using, and what search engine? I'd google both of those with something like 'history disappeared,' and see what you find out.

You can browse privately through any browser; how to get into that depends on each one. You can also choose to browse privately through google's home page, and it surely is an option with any popular search engine. (I use it at work, not to prevent my employer seeing what I do on the internet, but to prevent another employee from spying on me.)