Menu

Which of These Homeschool Books Would You Choose?

Which of these books would you pick?  

1. 1. Which of these books would you pick?

• The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Teens by Debra Bell
    • Homeschooling: The Teen Years by Cafi Cohen
    • The High School Handbook by Mary Schofield
    • None of the above! - these boards, my Cathy Duffy book, etc.
    • The Usual Other

I prefer homeschool books that are very specific - the type that tell me which program to use, which book is good, nothing too general.

Thank you.

The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Teens

Homeschooling: The Teen Years

The High School Handbook

Just in case you need to know:

1. We prefer secular curriculum - we are religious, just not Christian

2. We're not newbies to homeschooling - been homeschooling all along :)

I love, love, love Cafi Cohen's books! She's not going to tell you to use this book or that curriculum, however (or I don't recall that, if she did - it's been a while since I've read her books).

What she is going to tell you is how to get your teen started keeping a daily log of all their activities so that you can add up time spent in tons of different activities you might not otherwise think about when assigning credit for coursework. She's going to tell you what sorts of records to keep and give you examples of those so that you can put your transcript together. She's going to help you think of innovative ways to complete coursework rather than just working straight out of a book....

I loved her ideas!

Thank you all so much.

I love, love, love Cafi Cohen's books! She's not going to tell you to use this book or that curriculum, however (or I don't recall that, if she did - it's been a while since I've read her books).

What she is going to tell you is how to get your teen started keeping a daily log of all their activities so that you can add up time spent in tons of different activities you might not otherwise think about when assigning credit for coursework. She's going to tell you what sorts of records to keep and give you examples of those so that you can put your transcript together. She's going to help you think of innovative ways to complete coursework rather than just working straight out of a book....

I loved her ideas!

If I get any, I might get this one.

One of my two favorite was Cafi Cohen's Homeschooling for College Admissions book. I was going to suggest that, but it is definitely not specific at all. (In fact, the copy I have is quite dated.)

Definitely these boards would be my first choice to see the wide range of choices and narrow that down to suit your family. TWTM book rounds that out perfectly with ideas on how to get things done.