Menu

AIG Creation Museum visit?

If you've gone, where did you stay (if you stayed overnight), what else did you do (other attractions in the area or nearby) and what would your advice be? Thanks!

We have gone twice to the Creation Museum and loved it. We stayed at the Hyatt Place both times and really liked it there. We did not go to any other area attractions though, sorry.

Thank you! I hate to pick a place to stay and then get there and regret it. We've stayed at a Hyatt Place before and it was fine, so when I saw that one mentioned on their website, I marked that one down. There are several mentioned, though, so I'm glad to know someone that actually stayed at one.

Yeah, I noticed there weren't any other heart-stopping attractions nearby. Creation Museum will be great enough! There was an aviation type museum where you could see the Wright Brother's original invention and tour Air Force One that carried JFK's body as well as other types of aviation. It sounded neat. But, that was the only one that interested me. We are traveling from Texas and the map has us going through Memphis and TN, so that might be a neat detour for attractions or just sight-seeing.

Thanks, again!

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. We got the room through hotels.com and it was three nights for 150.00 total. We really liked it. They have a full breakfast buffet in the morning, not skimpy like some hotels. The indoor pool was a lot of fun for the kids. We didn't do any other attractions though. Hth.

Diane, when you say nearby, I'm assuming you mean Cincinnati, in general. Cincinnati has a TON of things. There's the Freedom Center, celebrating the Underground Railroad, which went through Cincy, Kings Island, which is a HUGE waterpark just north of town, The Museum Center, which includes Children's, history museum and an I-Max Theater, and the Cincinnati Zoo, which is one of the biggest in the country, I believe.

Oh, and there's ME :D

We also traveled from Texas but didn't stop much on the way. I know there are some fun museums and places in Louisville because my SIL lives near Cincinnati and they've done field trips to Louisville. There are a lot of nice state parks in and around Cinncinnati. We visited several beautiful areas when we were there. We stayed with family but you might check VRBO.com or homeaway.com for home rentals Ipin the area. We are considering a trip with some friends and there were a few nice rental homes last time we looked.

We went in Sept of 2010, our kids were really little then, 1 and 3. We did the Creation Museum but had more fun at the beautiful botanical gardens on the property. We also went to the Newport aquarium, Cincy Zoo, hung out at the river front area, and just really enjoyed it. They have a children's museum that we didn't go to but I certainly ant to go back. We stayed in a Marriott Esidence Inn in Erlanger, Ky. (I don't think that is spelled right...). We were still really close to everything and super close to the airport, which was great fun for DS. the hotel had package deals for the places we visited, so we got good deals on it all. I want to go back!

There was an aviation type museum where you could see the Wright Brother's original invention and tour Air Force One that carried JFK's body as well as other types of aviation.

The Air Force Museum is awesome. You could easily spend a whole day there. You have to get there early to get tickets for the separate Air Force One exhibit. It's all free but you have to catch a bus to the AFOne hangar. It's a bit of a drive (1.5 hrs) north of the Creation Museum but well worth it.

The Museum Center has 3 museums and you could easily spend a whole day there, too. If you have littles they will love the Children's Museum--very interactive.

Those were our favorite attractions when we lived in the area.

ETA: If you're looking for outdoor fun Cincy has a great park system. Miami Whitewater was our favorite. If you're looking for something "different" there is Jungle Jim's--it's not just another grocery store. Not sure if they still do this, but they used to give tours by appointment.

Edited by Cinder