Menu

Facial waxing products?

I think I need to jump into the 21st century and begin waxing my upper lip instead of using Nair. Other fam members would like to begin waxing between and under their eyebrows. We can make it a little party!

What brand/s can you suggest? I have no idea what to look for. Any other tips for facial waxing?

Sally Hanson makes (made?) a cold wax in tube form that I use for upper lip and eyebrows.

I quickly ran out of the strips, though, and started using cut-up bits of an old sheet; works great.

I only say ("made?") because this tube has lasted me about 5 years and is only about half gone. I haven't looked for the product in ages.

Hopefully since I was able to find an image, it might still be on the market. Works great.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQIQlQYPf4vTJmqbf_gEw9wRsg8Vc8mGN0qXf0WdM-T8fhA1Qv3A

I used the Nads wax strips. I've been using a pack of long ones (for legs) that I bought by mistake. I just cut the strip into the size I want, heat it with a blow dryer for a few seconds (soften up the wax--works better that way), and then slap it on.

For eyebrows, I think I would want a professional to do it. The risk of my eyebrows ending up crooked, thinner than I wanted in spots, missing a patch of hair, or some awful combination of all of the above is too high for me to feel comfortable doing it at home.

When I used wax, it would work fine, sometimes. I found it was hit or miss.

I was on Amazon one day looking for better wax and found the REM Spring. It seemed like a good idea so I bought it.

The first time it was a bit painful. It's one of those odd things when you use it you say "Ow" but then laugh. The reviews said it was mainly the first time that hurt the most, and that is true. I found myself picking it up throughout the day and using it. It doesn't really hurt any more unless I go awhile between uses.

When I used it the first time I wasn't able to get all the hairs, so I was discouraged. Throughout the week I kept trying. Nowadays, I can get them all in a matter of a minute.

It takes a few tries to get the hang of it, but I won't go back to waxing. The isn't any mess. I can use it at the computer or while reading or whenever. It works just as well. It's inexpensive.

Just for facial hair. It isn't for eyebrows or bikini.

REM Spring

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I shave. With a razor. And soap. My skin is too sensitive for Nair, and I have a feeling that if I waxed my face my skin would come off. I do go and get my legs waxed, but that's all. In a pinch I occasionally use Nair on my legs if I can't get an appointment. It usually is not completely effective, and the last time I did this I had excema for a week.

Ooh, Ooh!! I can help with this!!

I have to wax every week b/c of my PCOS.:glare:

I bought this kit from Amazon and I LOVE it. The wax will last forever and it's hard wax, so you don't need cloth strips and it doesn't adhere to your skin, Works perfectly and you can use it all over your body.... even comes with a how-to DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/GiGi-Professional-Brazilian-Waxing-Kit/dp/B000CCSXFU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326430700&sr=8-1

Works like a dream. My fu manchu was gone in about 30 prickly seconds. Thanks!

Great! It took me a few tries to get the hang of it. Now I just read forum posts while doing it. Easy. Plus it is convenient to do whenever so don't have too many of those "in between" days when one feels particularly fuzzy.

I use wax strips (Sally Hansen), but I prefer to have it done professionally when I can afford it. Waxing is better for me, because it grows back so slowly. The only downside is that you have to let it grow out a little bit the first time, so you'll have to deal with excess hair on your lip for a week or two.

When I do it myself, I have ice packs on hand to put on my lip immediately afterward to reduce redness.

Edited by Abigail4476

On Amazon, one woman has posted a video of the first time she used the product. I thought that was very helpful. Watching an ordinary person use it convinced me to buy it. It will be delivered today.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3V61E4WM4OKRV/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_alt_4

Oh my goodness, that was so funny!

Um, I mean educational.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the link!

Put that into my Amazon wish list!! I so want to get that thing. I currently use the AVON cream. It works great but BURNS for the 6 minutes it's on your face! Plus I am red for a day then have about 2-3 small areas that have a little breakout, but within a week I'm fine and free of my upper lip hair for up to 3 weeks sometimes!!

I want to get this spring now. But only because of watching the video. She had me crying!! I was laughing so hard. Anyhow to see that it actually works and the pain DOES go away makes me want it that much more!