Menu

I need some book recommendations for my DH.

He enjoys sci-fi and fantasy. I also think he might like thriller-type novels and maybe some post-apocalyptic stuff, judging by his TV and video game preferences. It's hard for me to recommend for him because of his reading issues. He is still struggling with dyslexia but in spite of that he wants to spend time reading.

He says having an ereader has helped a lot, because of the ability to enlarge the font. He says that makes it easier to focus on one word at a time and that he prefers the greyish background over the pure white of paper. So I'm really looking for things that are available on the Kindle.

The other requirement is reading level. It's much easier for him to read something on maybe a YA level because flowery or convoluted language is difficult for him to decode. He has trouble holding all of a very long sentence in his head to comprehend it.

What does the Hive recommend for him?

Have him look at the books by David Eddings. He wrote a LOT and I enjoy them but my DH LOVES them. He's read all of them at least 5 times. Probably more. There are a bunch - there are series and most (all?) of the series are related but independant, kwim?

I'll ask dh when he gets up for some more authors. He loves sci-fi and fantasy.