Menu

Money worksheets?

Does anyone have a good source for free, online worksheets that can be used to review money concepts? I'm thinking very basic, as in identifying the different types of coins, the amounts they represent, and then simple math problems using the coins. I'd also be interested in an online game that might reinforce this concept.

Thanks so much for any input; any resources I've found require some sort of membership that I'm not interested in at this time.

Enchanted Learning has a free booklet that you can print off (one page at a time for non-members) that covers the different coins. My oldest used that booklet for at least a year (beginning in 2nd grade) because she had the hardest time remembering which coin was which. I let her keep the booklet in her math book and whenever she encountered a problem that involved adding money, she was allowed to use the booklet to help her identify all the coins.

Thanks so much for the responses, you've been very helpful. I love the Enchanted Learning book - it won't let me print even a page, though, without being a member. I think I may have to join!

Reading your responses is also reminding me that when some other kiddos were stuck on money, I'd make a breakfast menu, complete with prices, and we had a "coin can" where they'd need to choose the appropriate change to pay for their meal they'd "ordered." They loved that game, and I think it might help Littlest right about now. Plus, he'd love it. :001_smile:

I did not check the replies so there may be some duplicates.

Super Teacher Worksheets

Soft Schools

Internet for Classrooms (K level)

Internet for Classrooms (1st grade)

Internet for Classrooms (2nd grade)

Coin Counting w/worksheets

Counting money game (requires java)

Change Maker Game

A game that is a little harder

Making Change game

Few money games

Kids Money (entire site devoted to teaching kids about money)

Lots of math games (not just money)

Oops gotta run. If you would like more links, let me know & I'll dig around tomorrow!