Menu

Which of these sounds better?

I want to make fish tonight, but I'm not really much of a fish eater, so I'm not a great judge of what is tasty. DH loves fish of all kinds, and all sorts of sauces and such. The kids generally don't like anything too saucy or all white.

I have whiting filets, and am trying to pick between two different recipes from a cookbook.

Option 1: Filled and baked--the filets are topped with butter, lemon juice and heavy cream, and then a layer of bread stuffing and chopped cooked shrimp, then more filets and the whole thing baked.

Option 2: Skillet Fish Supper--described as a fish chowder without the broth--it's onions and potatoes sauteed in butter, with corn and chunked fish filets added and cooked in the same skillet.

If they both sound terrible, feel free to share any kid-approved recipes you have. My kids are generally happy with fish sticks or breaded and fried fish, or any canned fish that is flaked and distributed throughout a dish. Shrimp can be hit or miss.

Oh dear, neither sounds good to me. ;) Here are two of my go-to fish recipes (from Saving Dinner the Low-Carb way) which my family likes.

Oven-baked Italian fish:

Mix grated parm or romano cheese with ground seasoned bread crumbs. Dip fish fillets in a blend of half melted butter, half olive oil, and then into cheese mix. Bake 10-15 min @ 400 (though i don't usually use whiting so I don't know how long it needs to cook-- I use thin fillets of sole or tilapia)

Nutty Oven-fried fish:

This time dip fish fillets in butter/milk, then dredge in half ground almonds, half ground seasoned bread crumbs. grease pan. bake 10-15 mins @ 400.

Oh dear, neither sounds good to me. ;) Here are two of my go-to fish recipes (from Saving Dinner the Low-Carb way) which my family likes.

Oven-baked Italian fish:

Mix grated parm or romano cheese with ground seasoned bread crumbs. Dip fish fillets in a blend of half melted butter, half olive oil, and then into cheese mix. Bake 10-15 min @ 400 (though i don't usually use whiting so I don't know how long it needs to cook-- I use thin fillets of sole or tilapia)

Nutty Oven-fried fish:

This time dip fish fillets in butter/milk, then dredge in half ground almonds, half ground seasoned bread crumbs. grease pan. bake 10-15 mins @ 400.

Mmm. I think I just decided what to make for dinner tonight. Those both sound really good!