Menu

Work for Stay at Home Mom?

Does this exist? We're really strapped financially this year. I've been trying to find some type of work that I can do from home. I have a 7 month old, a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Every lead I've followed so far has turned out to be a scam. Does anyone here do something from home that might work for me too? I live near Chicago.

I would like more information, too. Are you answering questions online, or actually talking to the students via something like Skype. Can you answer questions anytime you have available free time, or only during preset hours. For example, say I had not prearranged to be available on Monday evening at all, but my plans were cancelled and I am now free. Can I log in and tutor?

I am transitioning from being a FT WOHM to being a mostly SAHM/WAHM and the work I am going to do is about 1/2 time in my field. I was in charge of fundraising for a non-profit. Now I will be writing grants from home for an organization I worked for in the past and knows I am reliable.

The best at home work usually seems to be connected with what you used to do for work- accountants who now keep a few books from home, editors who now write from home, teachers who tutor. What is it that you know how to do and can market?

Have you considered being an in home childcare provider? I have a friend who gets paid about $1000 a month for doing afterschool care for a family + short school breaks (she gets more in the summer). She loves it.