Menu

Literature this term: can't wait!

7th grade: Where the Red Fern Grows

8th grade: The Outsiders

9th grade: To Kill a Mockingbird

10th grade (US Lit): The Great Gatsby

I don't know how I am going to switch gears so quickly between classes, but here is one English teacher that is not jaded, is excited, and is re-reading in preparation.

Last year, I taught mostly history, so the only lit was US lit.

The above, and hammering how to narrow topics and develop academic thesis statements.

7th grade: Where the Red Fern Grows

8th grade: The Outsiders

9th grade: To Kill a Mockingbird

10th grade (US Lit): The Great Gatsby

I don't know how I am going to switch gears so quickly between classes, but here is one English teacher that is not jaded, is excited, and is re-reading in preparation.

Last year, I taught mostly history, so the only lit was US lit.

The above, and hammering how to narrow topics and develop academic thesis statements.

Oooh... To Kill a Mockingbird. I love that book! One of my all time faves. (And would you believe I didn't read it until college? To think of all the years I wasted! :svengo::lol:)

Developing academic thesis statements. I love to hear that! This is one of my little pet peeves. All the discussion that goes into getting high school students ready for college, blah blah blah, and somehow they come into college without the capability to write a simple paper. We do peer editing in many of my courses and it astounds me what some people believe (and have been told...) is good writing. :glare: