Menu

Rainbow Resource

shinyhappypeople

Is it just my imagination or do they literally have NO negative product reviews on their site? I was researching Horizons and noticed a few deleted reviews, which made me wonder if they go through and delete them. Or maybe the only people who bother to review a product are gloriously happy? I'm going to have to experiment with writing a polite but negative product review and see what happens.

The RR reviews are really only useful, I've found, if you want to know what are the features of a product or the general feel of what it is. They're clearly carefully chosen. Which is fine - that's their prerogative and there's plenty of other spots to get the nitty gritty reviews.

The RR reviews are really only useful, I've found, if you want to know what are the features of a product or the general feel of what it is. They're clearly carefully chosen. Which is fine - that's their prerogative and there's plenty of other spots to get the nitty gritty reviews.

It's so disappointing that they censor the reviews so heavily. I agree, it's their store, they can do what they want. But, I find a well-written negative (didn't like it and here's WHY) can be even more useful than a litany of glowing reviews. It's too bad that their user reviews are basically just sales pitches. Of course, Rainbow Resource is free to use "user reviews" in that way, but I still don't like it. :tongue_smilie:

I didn't realize that. Is there a website that posts all reviews? I had looked at Cathy Duffy's site, and I noticed that she only has positive comments, too.

I really do find it useful to read the negative reviews. If I'm considering something on Amazon, that's sometimes the first reviews I read.

I didn't realize that. Is there a website that posts all reviews? I had looked at Cathy Duffy's site, and I noticed that she only has positive comments, too.

I really do find it useful to read the negative reviews. If I'm considering something on Amazon, that's sometimes the first reviews I read.

homeschoolreviews.com has both positive and negative reviews. Another nice thing is that you can go back and edit your review if your opinion changes.

This irks me. It has been nice, a couple of times, to WIN 10 and $5 gift certificates for reviews, but you're right - they've all been positive.

However, I have just emailed to let them know I will no longer write product reviews for them if they do not publish negative comments as well. I'm just one person, but if a few people do this and word gets around... it might make a difference.

Frankly, from what I know of Jewish business law and ethics, it's pretty sketchy to deliberately conceal information about potential flaws in a product you are selling, which is exactly how this seems to me. Cathy Duffy isn't selling the products in quite the same way, though naturally she benefits from her positive reviews.

This has also been one of the irksome things about The Old Schoolhouse - I rarely look at the reviews, because either it's a great product and I'll want to spend a fortune on it, or it's a lousy product but they won't say so. :-(

Are you all talking about the description reviews on the item page? Funny, it never occurred to me to expect a negative review there. I guess I viewed them more as a description of the product, what it includes, how it works, and the type of student (and teacher) they would work best for.

I know the main "review" is written by one of their employees who received a free copy and tried it out, and sometimes there are a few other testimonials from customers added below that.

I usually find that their description explains what the item *is* and *is not* well enough for me to determine if it would work in our unique situation, without needing a "negative" review.

This has also been one of the irksome things about The Old Schoolhouse - I rarely look at the reviews, because either it's a great product and I'll want to spend a fortune on it, or it's a lousy product but they won't say so. :-(

This really bugged me about TOS also. I stopped reading the reviews because they all seemed to be advertisements for the products. I don't need a sales pitch, I want the pros and cons.

I wrote a not so glowing review that was posted. Although I was irritated about the editor's note...last time I checked a plaintain and a banana are not the same.

hmm.. I read the editor's note as meaning that you are correct that the word didn't have the correct accent mark so that it did not mean banana. But that if it had that mark, it is one way to say banana. It just seemed to further explain why you were right.

-crystal