Menu

s/o tattoo "wedding bands"

I'll start by saying I have two tattoos and LOVE them. In fact, one of them has taken two sittings and will need at least one more. I am seriously thinking of having a tattoo "wedding band" done. I don't want to have my husband's name there, but I'd love to have something short and romantic tattooed there, perhaps even in another language. I am particularly fond of Gaelic because I'm secretly (or not so secretly) in love with the Ourlander novels. OTOH, we are really fun-loving, so I don't want it to be too overly romantic. Does that make sense, lol? I'm hoping we can get matching ones if I can talk him into it; he's kinda chicken, lol.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I'll start by saying I have two tattoos and LOVE them. In fact, one of them has taken two sittings and will need at least one more. I am seriously thinking of having a tattoo "wedding band" done. I don't want to have my husband's name there, but I'd love to have something short and romantic tattooed there, perhaps even in another language. I am particularly fond of Gaelic because I'm secretly (or not so secretly) in love with the Ourlander novels. OTOH, we are really fun-loving, so I don't want it to be too overly romantic. Does that make sense, lol? I'm hoping we can get matching ones if I can talk him into it; he's kinda chicken, lol.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Well I don't know any Gaelic but I would find out the Gaelic word for "forever".

I've always heard that getting anything other than a solid band there is a bad idea because eventually it will smudge and the words/numbers/designs will look bad. I love the sentiment, but definitely something to check into!

I wanted to get fingerprints tattooed on me but was told the intricate designs would eventually look like one big blob. Haven't done much more research though, because I have about 4 more tattoos planned before I was going to get the fingerprints anyway! :tongue_smilie:

We got wedding band tattoos for our 2nd anniversary (11 yrs. ago) and so far they both still look great, no smudging or anything, but we just have a tribal style design, not a word. As far as the pain...it only takes 10-15 to get it done, so the pain is not really a big factor, since you're done pretty quick... ;-)

I've always wanted that too, and we are close to celebrating our 19th year so maybe it's time! I love my wedding rings but stopped wearing them after our first was born because I accidentally scratched her face with them! I even tried again and scratched my 3rd baby with them & quit wearing them then. Good luck, I'm eager to hear what you do...

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are at least two aspects to this.

A wedding band tattoo may well prove to be a discreet placement that will persuade someone who is maybe hesitant and a bit reluctant to go for the first ink (which may lead to more, eventually; it so often does).

But by it's very nature, a wedding band tattoo must involve two people being of the same mind about it, more or less. So it's not a question of what one person thinks ...